Routing BATCH jobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Routing BATCH jobs

We have a software package that we use to run our business with. Within that package there is an option to run a program that will print all the PO's that have been created. Our problem is as follows: 1) We need to be able to route the "batch" jobs(PRINTPO) which are submitted by multiple people to a job queue that allows only one(1) job to run at a time. All of the users of the system share a common job description. I would not know which users to change their job descriptions so their jobs are routed to a different job queue that allows only one(1) job t run. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Regards

Routing BATCH jobs

On Monday, August 31, 1998, 05:49 AM, Bob Karutis wrote: We have a software package that we use to run our business with. Within that package there is an option to run a program that will print all the PO's that have been created. Our problem is as follows: 1) We need to be able to route the "batch" jobs(PRINTPO) which are submitted by multiple people to a job queue that allows only one(1) job to run at a time. All of the users of the system share a common job description. I would not know which users to change their job descriptions so their jobs are routed to a different job queue that allows only one(1) job t run. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Regards
    Bob, If the job is being submitted you would not need to change the Jobd of the user but rather the Jobd on the submitted job. Then no matter who submitted it it would always run from the Jobq you specify. Hope that helps. Just trying to keep up....

Comment

Routing BATCH jobs

I'm not anywhere near perfect. Just ask my wife! ;-) Seriously, I have great admiration and respect for many of the people who post here, and I learn a lot from you guys. (BTW, it was Bob Hamilton who used the word "fora" here. I learned it from him. My Random House dictionary says either "forums" or "fora" is correct.) On Sunday, August 23, 1998, 09:16 AM, Joe Pluta wrote: P.S. Anybody who correctly uses the word "fora" is pretty close to perfect, Ted smile.

Comment

Routing BATCH jobs

On Monday, August 31, 1998, 08:44 AM, Jeff Importico wrote: On Monday, August 31, 1998, 05:49 AM, Bob Karutis wrote: We have a software package that we use to run our business with. Within that package there is an option to run a program that will print all the PO's that have been created. Our problem is as follows: 1) We need to be able to route the "batch" jobs(PRINTPO) which are submitted by multiple people to a job queue that allows only one(1) job to run at a time. All of the users of the system share a common job description. I would not know which users to change their job descriptions so their jobs are routed to a different job queue that allows only one(1) job t run. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Regards
        Bob, If the job is being submitted you would not need to change the Jobd of the user but rather the Jobd on the submitted job. Then no matter who submitted it it would always run from the Jobq you specify. Hope that helps. Just trying to keep up.... Bob, Assign a jobq when the job is submitted. Bill

Comment

Routing BATCH jobs

I say Fora for the same reason I don't say "Datums"

Bob Hamilton TEXAS BUSINESS SYSTEMS 736 Pinehurst Richardson, Texas 75080

Comment

Routing BATCH jobs

Take a look into the System API reference. There are a number of APIs returning file information. I'd bet you can go with one of them. Regards, Martin.

Comment

Routing BATCH jobs

On Monday, August 31, 1998, 05:51 PM, Bob Hamilton wrote: I say Fora for the same reason I don't say "Datums"
              Although I must admit, after enough time fighting with "Da Computer" I often need a few of "Da Tums". rimshot

Comment

Working...
              X