New Drive installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Drive installation

I would like to add a new drive to an older AS/400 so I can then upgrade from v3r7 to v4r5 (need DASD). The drive has been purchased (refurbished) and now I want to proceed with installing into my last bay. I am looking for any help and/or direction as to what is required to make this drive available for the system. Thanks in advance. Randy K. Lessor

New Drive installation

Randy, I can't think of much in the way of available documentation for the physical installation of the drive, IBM's plan on your earlier hardware is to have a Customer Engineer show up and do that. As far as bringing the new drive into your available storage once it is installed, the Backup and Recovery manual will list the steps to format the drive, add it to a RAID set (if necessary), and then put it into your ASP. You use DST to do this. I don't have any V3R7 manuals to check, but I have used the later documentation sucessfully. If you have the ability to limp through your upgrade without the drive and then add it afterwards, you might find the V4R5 version of the disk utilities easier to use and better documented. Personally, I would save and delete a few libraries so that I could use the newer tools, assuming I had the time. And of course, full backups all around. HTH, Andy

Comment

Working...
    X