Using CHGAUT with authorization list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using CHGAUT with authorization list

After playing around with it I figured out the solution as seen in the sample code. This program will first delete the directory if it exists. Next, it will create the new directory. The authority is then changed adding the authorization list. The *public authority is then changed to place the authorities to that of the authorization list. This is done because the authorities applied to the root are used during creation of the directory. The last thing I do is to change the owner of the object to a special user for the application.
    Code

Using CHGAUT with authorization list

I am currently trying to apply authority to a folder directly off of the root on the IFS using the CHGAUT command in a CL program. I am using the command as follows: CHGAUT OBJ(hrref) USER( ) DTAAUT(*AUTL) OBJAUT(*NONE) AUTL(HRREF) When I issue the command I get the following error: Message ID . . . . . . : CPD2210 Message . . . . : Data authority value *AUTL only valid when *PUBLIC specified on the USER parameter. Cause . . . . . : The value *AUTL specified on the DTAAUT parameter is only valid when *PUBLIC is specified on the USER parameter. Recovery . . . : Do one of the following and then try the request again. -- Specify *PUBLIC on the USER parmeter. -- Specify a value other than *AUTL on the DTAAUT parameter. Message . . . . : Data authority value *AUTL only valid when *PUBLIC specified on the USER parameter. When I do as instructed and use the following command I get: CHGAUT OBJ(hrref) USER(*PUBLIC) DTAAUT(*AUTL) OBJAUT(*NONE) AUTL(HRREF) Message ID . . . . . . : CPD2211 Message . . . . : Specify either AUTL or USER. Cause . . . . . : You must specify one of the following parameters: AUTL or USER. Only one of the parameters can be specified. Recovery . . . : Specify either AUTL or USER; then try the request again. My ultimate goal is to have authorities applied to a newly created folder off of the root by either using a reference object or using an authorization list. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Gherman View Post
      I am currently trying to apply authority to a folder directly off of the root on the IFS using the CHGAUT command in a CL program. I am using the command as follows: CHGAUT OBJ(hrref) USER( ) DTAAUT(*AUTL) OBJAUT(*NONE) AUTL(HRREF) When I issue the command I get the following error: Message ID . . . . . . : CPD2210 Message . . . . : Data authority value *AUTL only valid when *PUBLIC specified on the USER parameter. Cause . . . . . : The value *AUTL specified on the DTAAUT parameter is only valid when *PUBLIC is specified on the USER parameter. Recovery . . . : Do one of the following and then try the request again. -- Specify *PUBLIC on the USER parmeter. -- Specify a value other than *AUTL on the DTAAUT parameter. Message . . . . : Data authority value *AUTL only valid when *PUBLIC specified on the USER parameter. When I do as instructed and use the following command I get: CHGAUT OBJ(hrref) USER(*PUBLIC) DTAAUT(*AUTL) OBJAUT(*NONE) AUTL(HRREF) Message ID . . . . . . : CPD2211 Message . . . . : Specify either AUTL or USER. Cause . . . . . : You must specify one of the following parameters: AUTL or USER. Only one of the parameters can be specified. Recovery . . . : Specify either AUTL or USER; then try the request again. My ultimate goal is to have authorities applied to a newly created folder off of the root by either using a reference object or using an authorization list. Any ideas?
      Anyone ever work this out? I found myself in the same situation of wanting to set *PUBLIC to use an *AUTL but I keep getting CPD2211.

Comment

Working...
      X