RDP - SQL Editor query statements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDP - SQL Editor query statements

In RDP after connecting to iSeries DB2 from the Data Perspective opening a SQL Script editor for any SQL statement I have to always mention the schema name and the file/table name, other wise it comes up with Failed error *File not found, although in the connection properties I have mention a library/schema name as Default Schema.

Also I found if I type the file name that default to the schema which is same to my user profile will return me the data (can access the file), in this case I don’t have to mention any schema name.

Is there any other way to mention a schema name as default (other than the library/schema name similar to my user profile name) so that from SQL Editor I don’t have to type that schema name always, just typing the file/table name will return me the data.

Thanks & Regards
    Dibs

Perhaps like QShell?

>> In RDP after ... opening a SQL Script editor for any SQL statement I have to always mention the schema name and the file/table name, other wise it comes up with Failed error *File not found, although in the connection properties I have mention a library/schema name as Default Schema.

Sorry I don't already have an answer, but I thought that I would offer this.

While still on V5R3, January 2009, I wrote this documentation in one of my programs: "...QSH is unable to make use of the library list to find a file [at least when executing the DB2 command]..."

While recognizing that QShell runs in its own separate job, I still would have expected the library list of the calling job to carry over, but apparently it doesn't. Perhaps the RDP environment is similar to QShell...

René

Comment

Working...
    X