ODF Release April 28, 2012
ODF (Object Distribution Facility) is one of several open source free utilities available from site http://www.easy400.net .
This tool is for maintaining multiple IBM System i's.
ODF allows a System i to distribute objects to a number of other IBM System i's. Objects can be distributed to several remote systems in a single shot. Object distribution is performed through a single command and is carried out from a batch job. Object transmission and installation is performed via FTP.
The following can be distributed with a single command:
- a given library
- a set of objects you could save through a SAVOBJ command
- up to 50 members of a given file
- a set of IFS objects you could save through a SAV command.
In April 28, 2012 release, the main ODF utility command, ODSTR (Start Object Distribution), has been ehanced to support transmission up to 300 remote systems.
The selection of the remote systems to be engaged has been inproved through
- a remote systems list, to chose from
- optional selection of all the available remote systems
- optional selection of remote systems via generic names.
For a comprehensive documentation of this tool, see page
Giovanni B. Perotti
Owner of site www.easy400.net