Warning: Undefined array key 183882 in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 3534

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 3536

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 704

Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 3548

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 635

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 635

Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72

Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77

Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72

Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77

Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 173

Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 190

Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 191

Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 197

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 6509

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 212

Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 251

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 4998

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 1585

Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 1601
runrmtcmd on XP - MC Press Online Forums

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

runrmtcmd on XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• runrmtcmd on XP

Eddie, Sounds like when you run the remote command to the XP pc that it acts as a new log on, ignoring the existing mapped drives. 'NET USE' works, but only when combined on the remote command batch file. ie. net use d: \somesystemsomedir dir d: this works, but i can't get the drives to stay mapped (/peristent: yes' didn't help) hope that helps some Eddie

runrmtcmd on XP

Eddie, the right brain is working a little today. this is the left brain talking. that works, but like you, i'm trying to keep the drives mapped so that i can repeatedly run remote command batch files that already exist on these mapped drives. thanks again, eddie

Comment

runrmtcmd on XP

Eddie, if we can get the left brain and right brain together, i know we can figure this out. Let's surf the net for the answer and come back and possibly post a message here that might help the next poor slob who might try in vain to perform this simplist of tasks. (p.s. i love Microsoft. -sarcasm-) later, Eddie

Comment

runrmtcmd on XP

Eddie, I think it's neat when things that have worked for years, suddenly stop working because of MS OS upgrades. It's fun, keeps you on your toes. nice typing to you, Eddie

Comment

runrmtcmd on XP

We map all drives manually through iSeries Navigator. I don't know if your network and iSeries profile and passwords are the same but in our shop they are not. Because of this when we map a drive through Navigator it always comes back (but we have to sign on when we first use any iSeries drive for the first time (only once regardless of the number of mapped drives). I presume that the .dll or .exe that is used by navigator can be used instead of net use. I don't know what it is though you'd have to do some research.

Comment

runrmtcmd on XP

Running the iseries remote access is easy enough on Windows XP, but when I try to access the mapped drives, it comes back with, drive not found, type errors. Why can't the new remote pc recognize mapped drives the way the old one does? i've tried 'net use' to map the drives they show up as 'unavailable' on the returned spool file.

Comment

runrmtcmd on XP

haven't tried mapping through iSeries Nav yet, but that's only half the problem as I have many other drive mappings to non-iSeries systems.

Comment

Is anyone running the RUNRMTCMD with XP operating system. All seems to work well for the Windows 2000 machines but I am having problem with the only XP machine in the office.
                Last edited by D.Uptmor; 07-20-2010, 09:02 AM.

Comment

The runrmtcmd on Windows 2000 works with the parameter USE WINLOGON, which allows us to bypass hardcoding passwords. Our network is now testing with WINDOWS XP machines and cannot seem to get past the password problem without hardcoding this in our CL program.
                  Last edited by V.Mack; 02-06-2011, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X