X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5250 Inactivity

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help.

I work for a company who use Hand Held Terminals (HHT's). The HHT's create a 5250 link back to the IBM i. We have noticed that that when one of these HHT's goes inactive the IBM i 5250 session is not necessarily ended e.g. the user can click the 'X' in the top right killing the local screen but it does not kill the 5250 session even after the Inactivity timeout has occurred - currently set for 3 hours.

We know the Inactivity timeout is working as normal (client access created) 5250 sessions are ended after 3 hours of inactivity.

Has anybody any ideas. I am beginning to suspect it it something to do with how the HHT's establish a connection to the IBM i.

Thanks

Len

I vaguely remember having a similar issue with some handhelds some years ago. As far as I remember we solved most of the problems by dropping the connection on signoff, ie. issuing a SIGNOFF DROP(*YES) command.
    This were dedicated 5250 terminals that had no separate 5250 app that could be exited like a windows program, though. So it was easier to control the user's actions.

Comment

Working...
    X