Storwize V3700 is the newest addition to the Storwize family of disk systems. Leveraging proven IBM Storwize V7000 and IBM SAN Volume Controller functions and management tools, Storwize V3700 delivers innovation, new levels of storage efficiency, and ease of use in entry disk system designed to meet the budgets of small and medium organizations.
Storwize V3700 features dual node canisters, with 4 GB or 8 GB cache per canister, in a compact, 2U 19-inch rack mount enclosure. 1Gb iSCSI host attachment support is standard, with an option for 8Gb FC or 10Gb iSCSI/FCoE host attachment. A Storwize V3700 system scales up to 120 drives with the attachment of up to four Storwize V3700 expansion enclosures.
The LFF enclosure models support up to twelve 3.5-inch (large form factor) high-capacity, low-cost nearline disk drives, providing up to 36 TB physical capacity within a single enclosure.
The SFF enclosure models support up to twenty-four 2.5-inch (small form factor) drives. High-performance disk drives, high-capacity nearline disk drives, and solid state drives are supported, providing the flexibility to address performance and capacity needs within a single enclosure.
All models support dual-port, hot-swappable 6Gb SAS drives, and drives of the same form factor can be intermixed within an enclosure. You can also intermix LFF and SFF expansion enclosures behind either a LFF or SFF control enclosure.
Storwize V3700 functions, management, and interoperability include:
- RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 6, and 10 for data protection
- Virtualization of internal storage to enable rapid, flexible provisioning and simple configuration changes
- Thin provisioning for improved storage utilization
- FlashCopy® to create instant copies of data for backup or application testing
- One-way data migration to easily move your data onto the Storwize V3700 system
- Innovative and easy-to-use management capabilities with an embedded GUI
- Extensive interoperability support with support for most major server platforms and operating systems
Find more information here.