Software News -
High Availability / Disaster Recovery
Written by IBM Corporation
Thursday, 07 February 2013 14:36
IBM Platform Cluster Manager - Standard Edition V4.1 is easy-to-use, powerful, cluster management software for technical computing clusters. It allows system administrators to manage a complex cluster as a single system by automating deployment of the operating system and software components, as well as complex management activities such as provisioning and maintenance of a cluster. It provides centralized monitoring with alerts and customizable alert actions.
Platform Cluster Manager - Standard Edition has the following unique capabilities:
- OS provisioning. It supports Red Hat Enterprise Linux family operating systems for both x86_64 and POWER systems. It can provision the operating system together with software components.
- Kits framework simplifies software deployment and maintenance in a technical computing environment. This framework is used within an x86 ecosystem to deploy software like InfiniBand drivers, GPU runtime software, and so on.
- Robust and scalable monitoring system that is easy to extend and customize. The monitoring capability expands the entire infrastructure that includes server, networking, and storage. The monitoring agent uses the same technology as is used in IBM Platform LSF and IBM Platform Symphony offerings.
- Easy-to-use, centralized web portal that allows administrators to access and manage the cluster from anywhere.
- Reports on statistics of the cluster usage and performance.
- Greater management scalability via embedded xCAT technology. Platform Cluster Manager - Standard Edition can scale up to 1000 nodes via GUI.
IBM Platform Cluster Manager - Standard Edition delivers the following benefits:
- Faster, time-to-cluster readiness
- Reduced infrastructure and management costs
- Improved administrator productivity
- Increased cluster uptime
- Greater management scalability
IBM Platform Cluster Manager - Standard Edition V4.1 runs on the latest generation of IBM System x iDataPlex, IBM PureSystems, and other rack-based and blade servers. It is also supported on industry-standard, non-IBM x86 hardware. By pre-qualifying and certifying these platforms, IBM can help you reduce the risk of deploying and managing the mission-critical compute clusters.
IBM® Platform Cluster Manager - Standard Edition V4.1 offers:
- Operating system (OS) provisioning and maintenance
- Software components deployment and management
- Customizable, cluster monitoring
- Historical cluster usage and performance reporting
- Seamless integration with xCAT to deliver greater scalability
- Easy-to-use, centralized web interface
Find out more here.
Last Updated on Thursday, 07 February 2013 14:36