IBM Storwize V7000 Unified system delivers high performance, advanced function, high availability, and modular and scalable storage capacity:
- Supports RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, and 10
- Supports NFS, CIFS, FTP, HTTPS, SCP file protocols
- Provides SAN-attached 8 Gbps Fibre Channel (FC) host connectivity, and 1 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) and 10 GbE iSCSI host connectivity
- Accommodates up to twenty-four 2.5-inch disk drives or twelve 3.5-inch disk drives installed within the IBM Storwize V7000 Control Enclosure, with attachment support for up to nine IBM Storwize V7000 Expansion Enclosures, providing modular and highly scalable storage solutions that range up to 240 TB physical storage capacity, and 480 TB physical storage capacity in a clustered system
- Supports intermixing of SAS drives, nearline SAS drives, and solid state drives (SSDs) within the IBM Storwize V7000 Control Enclosures and IBM Storwize V7000 Expansion Enclosures
- Includes IBM Easy Tier® technology for automatically moving heavily used data extents onto high-performance storage devices
- Supports attachment of other storage devices via the FC interface just as the SAN Volume Controller (SVC)
- Supports a complete set of SVC functions, including FlashCopy® , RemoteCopy, Volume Mirroring, and thin provisioning (additional licenses may be required in order to use these additional features)
- Provides file replication and file level snapshots for business continuity and disaster recovery
IBM Storwize V7000 Unified V1.4 delivers enhanced file storage capabilities for this advanced midrange disk system. Storwize V7000 Unified is a block and file storage system with a tightly integrated management that helps simplify storage administration with a single user interface and common command-line interface (CLI). Customers can benefit from greater flexibility for provisioning of storage resources with its support of NFS, CIFS, FTP, HTTPS, and SCP file protocols, and greater over all capacity utilization with the existing block functions of the Storwize V7000. Storwize V7000 Unified provides file replication and file-level snapshots for business continuity and disaster recovery. Customers are able to deploy a broader set of applications from within a single storage system, especially in shared storage environments.
IBM Storwize V7000 Unified is designed to improve storage efficiency by including real-time compression of data. Compression on Storwize V7000 Unified volumes enables storing up to five time as much data in the same physical disk space depending on the type of application data stored.
This release enables customers with installed Storwize V7000 block systems to upgrade them to Storwize V7000 Unified systems for greater workload consolidation and to take advantage of new functions such as Real-time Compression.
For more information, click here.