IBM i 7.1 Technology Refresh 5 provides performance, usability, and integration enhancements, both with the IBM i program offering and the related offerings from IBM Software Group.
- IBM Web Administration GUI provides: 1) GUI interface for IBM WebSphere Application Server V8.5 and IBM WebSphere Portal V8.0 and 2) GUI interface for product and fix installation support for WebSphere Application Server V8.0 and V8.5
- IBM HTTP Server is enhanced to handle files larger than 2 GB.
- The JTOpen Lite (JTLite) library provides a new small format Java tool box to access IBM i native objects for mobile applications.
- IBM Navigator for i usability and performance enhancements.
- The new XML Service for IBM i toolkit provides a language-independent way to access native IBM i objects.
- IBM Facsimile Support for IBM i is enhanced to support a significantly lower priced 2-port asynchronous communications adapter.
IBM i 7.1 TR5 includes support of new IBM Power® hardware, firmware, and I/O, including Power 770 and Power 780, USB Tape, USB and SATA Removable Hard Drives (RDX support), and lower cost async communications adapters.
DB2 for IBM i
- Better, faster, and smarter performance
- New and enhanced SQL statements, database APIs, and database commands
BRMS Enterprise extends the popular BRMS product to provide centralized monitoring and automation of backup processes on distributed systems.
IBM i Cloud Enhancements
- The IBM Systems Director VMControl™ system pool simplifies workload.
- The Systems Director monitor is enhanced to easily navigate and create monitor views and directly reply to a message.
- Platform management support of Power blades.
HMC V7 R7.6.0 is enhanced with the following:
- Ability to simultaneously move 16 partitions at the same time
- HMC blades management, including redundant VIOS, Active Memory™ Sharing, Suspend/Resume, and Live Partition Mobility
IBM Software Group software enhancements for IBM i are as follows:
- InfoSphere Guardium V9.0 includes DB2 for IBM i as a data source.
- IBM WebSphere Commerce V7 Feature Pack 5 is supported by IBM i.
- WebSphere Application Server V8.5.
In this announcement letter, the term Technology Refresh 5 refers to the set of PTFs required to support new hardware functionality. The term Technology Update refers to the multiple PTFs or PTF groups that will provide additional functionality in IBM i and related products. The term Technology Refresh is widely used to group both of these together. Availability of IBM i 7.1 TR5 and related products are available as noted in the Description section.
For more information, click here.