MAGAZINES

MC Systems Insight
MC Power Technology Manager
MC RPG Developer
MC Power Developer
MC TNT Tips 'n Techniques
MC AIX Expert
MC Linux Expert
MC Mobile on Power
This Week @ the MC Press Bookstore

November 28, 2011 | Volume 6 Issue 22

ISSUE HIGHLIGHTS

TOP STORY: Selling Information Governance to the Business
FEATURED ARTICLE: A Visual Guide to Cost-Effective Testing on the iSeries
NEWS HIGHLIGHT: Zend Technologies Releases Faster, Leaner Zend Studio 9.0
WHITE PAPER: A Visual Guide to Cost Effective Testing on the iSeries
FORUM: Contract Work in Florida
|

Sponsor - New Generation Software, Inc.
 

Admit it! Your company is still using Query/400. You licensed DB2 Web Query to keep Query/400 during your last IBM i upgrade, but DB2 Web Query isn’t in your future, it’s on your shelf.

Time to look at NGS-IQ. NGS-IQ offers 5250, Windows & Web development; integration with Excel, Word, & Access; Web dashboards & reports; OLAP; mobile BI from smartphones and tablets; email & FTP; remote data access; & security. Request a Web demo, FREE trial, White Paper. Call 800 824-1220. Visit www.ngsi.com.

 


Read More >>

Feature Article - Database
 
Selling Information Governance to the Business

Learn how to tackle the challenges of poor data quality, inconsistency of business terms, fragmented view of the customer and product, and security and privacy.

sunil_soaresWritten by Sunil Soares

Editor's note: This article is an excerpt from the book Selling Information Governance to the Business: Best Practices by Industry and Job Function, published by MC Press.

  

According to the IBM 2009 Global CIO Study, today's CIOs spend an impressive 55 percent of their time on activities that spur innovation. These activities include generating buy-in for innovative plans, implementing new technologies, and managing nontechnological business issues. CIOs spend the remaining 45 percent of their time on essential, more traditional tasks related to managing the ongoing technology environment. This includes reducing IT costs, mitigating enterprise risks, and leveraging automation to lower costs elsewhere in the business.


Read More >>

Sponsor - Vision Solutions, Inc.
 
4th Annual State of IT Systems Resilience:

Tuesday, December 6, 2011 at

10:00 a.m. Central

Navigating the New Landscape

 

 

Topics covered during the 60-minute webcast:

  • Results of the 2011 State of IT Systems Resilience Report exclusive research
  • How new HA and DR technologies including virtualization, cloud deployments and migration are helping your organization navigate the new landscape
  • Computing system initiatives and performance breakthroughs
  • Your questions

Come join the discussion!

 


Read More >>

Feature Article - Programming
 
A Visual Guide to Cost-Effective Testing on the iSeries

By bringing practical tools and advanced techniques to how you test, the costs and risks associated with testing can be reduced dramatically.

Written by Databorough Services

The following article is an extract from the white paper "A Visual Guide to Cost-Effective Testing on the iSeries," available for download free from the MC White Paper Center.

 

Managers and developers working with legacy RPG and COBOL applications face serious testing challenges. Few, if any, of these applications have a complete set of specifications of how the applications should perform, and even fewer have a complete library of test cases. Results from over 12,000 software projects show that detecting and removing defects is the single most costly task in software development.


Read More >>

In the News

Read More >>
Support MC Press - Visit Our Sponsors

Forums Sponsor

POPULAR FORUMS

Forums

Search Sponsor

POPULAR SEARCHES

Search

 


Read More >>
   MC-STORE.COM