January 18, 2017 | Volume 16 Issue 2
• LEAD ARTICLE: SQL 101: Tools of the Trade - Installing the IBM i Access Client Solutions
• FEATURED ARTICLE: The Day Meetings Swallowed the Earth
• NEWS HIGHLIGHT: New Version of GoAnywhere Managed File Transfer Improves Application Integration and API Support
• FEATURED VIDEO: Design an Invoice in 10 Minutes with TLAForms
• EVENT: IBM i iSeries AS/400 Programming Concepts and Facilities Workshop
Now that you know that there’s life beyond STRSQL, it’s time to get ready to the meet the new and improved Run SQL Scripts: the Access Client Solutions version. Let’s start by installing this new tool.
Written by Rafael Victória-Pereira
In case you didn’t know, Access Client Solutions (ACS) is the new, Java-based Client Access package. It brings several interesting tools, including the one I’ll be discussing next in this TechTip series: the new and improved Run SQL Scripts. However, before getting to that, let’s start with a little something that gets a lot of folks confused: the ACS installation process.
Barcode400 Version 4.0 is the best software yet for designing and printing bar code labels from the IBM i.
- Easy Design with a Graphical Interface using IBM i Files.
- IBM i Power - Barcode400 resides on the IBM i. Label formats are stored on the IBM i.
- Many Ways to print - Print stand-alone from your desktop, or completely automate label printing by integrating into your application software. No Programming Required! The Power is in your hands.
- Print to hundreds of thermal transfer printers and HP and compatible printers.
- Output your labels as PDF documents.
- Customer Support - Easily accessible and committed to making your experience with us as productive as possible.
Enter Now: State of IBM i Modernization Survey
10 minutes of your time will enter you in a drawing for an Amazon Echo!
Our 2016 survey uncovered valuable data on the attitudes toward IBM i and plans businesses like yours have to modernize their applications.
Here’s your chance to take part in our 2017 study – Just give us 10 minutes to answer questions including:
- Do you plan to modernize in 2017?
- What’s your management’s perception of IBM i?
- Will your development team grow or shrink in the coming year?
In exchange, you’ll be entered to win an Amazon Echo and other prizes!*
*Rules and conditions apply
The time is NOW to Learn Something NEW!
Pay only $35 each for our newest titles! You save a whopping 40% to 70% off the regular price.
9 of our best titles for just $25 each! Treat yourself or a colleague to new knowledge for the new year!
10 titles 70-85% Off. Get your copies today! Pay just $15 each for popular books on RPG, PHP, Java, Project Management, DB2, and more. Don’t wait – at these prices, books will sell out soon!
19 books for $10 each Buy them ALL for less than $200. Select every one or just a few before they're gone!
Learn something new in 2017: Over 50 titles for $5 each! RPG, IBM i, Security, PHP, Programming, DB2, Analytics, and more. Shop now—at these prices, books are going fast!
Does it ever seem to you that you go to work just to go to meetings and not to actually work? Yeah, the line forms to the right, pal. But is it really that way, or is it all in your head?
Written by Dave Shirey
Raise your hand if you feel that you just aren’t involved in enough meetings in your work life. Hmmm, just as I thought, only a few hands raised. And I really think most of them are confused and actually want to leave the room for a few minutes.