|Partner TechTip: How Can You Sleep at Night Without It?|
|Tips & Techniques - System Administration|
|Written by Tom Huntington|
|Friday, 25 May 2012 00:00|
Automate your job scheduling and eliminate sleepless nights.
What keeps you up at night? Imagine being a data center manager and having to worry each night whether your team will run processes in the correct order, whether they might miss an event, or whether they'll forget that there is a special process to run.
You also might worry about using the new programs your development team created to resolve dependencies in your multi-step processes. And maybe you're tired of fighting with the network team about whose fault it is when a critical nightly file transfer gets missed; it certainly isn't the IBM i platform (it's too reliable).
These are common headaches. Many people use tools that are inadequate for today's environment, tools based on old practices that lack the richness needed. You're wondering about a better solution and suddenly you think, "What about Robot?"
Help/Systems: The Company with the Robot
Call the company that has been helping customers with job scheduling, process automation, and enterprise scheduling for 30 years. Ask about Robot/SCHEDULE, the job scheduling and batch job management solution, and Robot/SCHEDULE Enterprise, the enterprise scheduling add-on to Robot/SCHEDULE. You'll learn the following:
1. Robot/SCHEDULE Enterprise can centralize job scheduling across IBM i systems and other platforms. That means you can also run UNIX, Linux, and Windows processes from Robot/SCHEDULE Enterprise, and that stops squabbles between departments.
(Click images to enlarge.)
2. Robot/SCHEDULE Enterprise has a great graphical interface. The interface also offers job flowcharting (called blueprints), plus an easy way to see the daily forecast about what's running or completed.
3. Robot/SCHEDULE Enterprise has built-in security and change audits. That means you can keep your auditors happy with reports like the "Good Morning Report."
4. Robot/SCHEDULE Enterprise offers dependency processing when you create jobs. You can use Robot/SCHEDULE Enterprise to schedule jobs and monitor processes across your Windows, UNIX, and Linux servers to control scheduling events. (The Help/Systems support team can even provide an online WebEx demo to help you create reactive jobs and coordinate batch process monitoring.)
5. Robot/SCHEDULE logs what jobs ran and who changed what. If your auditors are coming and you want good documentation about backups and batch processing, you're ready.
Want to Sleep at Night?
Robot/SCHEDULE gives you the peace of mind for a good night's sleep. You know you have the most reliable and auditable operator on the planet working for you. Give Robot/SCHEDULE or Robot/SCHEDULE Enterprise a free 30-day trial. They're better than any sleeping pill. And check out Help/Systems' other offerings in the MC Showcase Buyer's Guide.
|Last Updated on Thursday, 24 May 2012 14:31|