Share on Facebook Share on Facebook
Welcome to the long-awaited update to IBM i Security Administration and Compliance—the definitive IBM i security reference. In this Second Edition, IBM i security expert Carol Woodbury tells you everything you need to know about IBM i security and the way it functions within IBM i systems. Written in a clear, jargon-free style, this book explains the importance of developing a security policy and gives detailed guidance on how to implement and maintain such a system.
In this book, you will delve into topics such as system security levels, user profiles, service tools, encryption, auditing, compliance, and incident response—and learn about the latest enhancements to IBM i security in V7R2 and V7R3. Carol describes her methodology for implementing security in great detail, focusing on compliance with stated policies and procedures within an organization. She also provides updated recommendations to align with current best practices and to address today’s security threats.
Useful for security and system administrators, security officers, compliance officers, and auditors, the resources available in this book help organizations reduce the risk to the data residing on their IBM i systems and help protect systems from unauthorized access and modification.
Upon completion of this book, you will:
- Gain knowledge about the integrated security features of IBM i
- Understand the current risks to data stored on IBM i
- Discover IBM i best-practice configuration settings
- Read a comprehensive introduction to role-based access
- Learn a methodology for implementing object-level security
- Understand how to use the IBM i audit journal
- Understand how to address compliance requirements as they relate to IBM i
- Learn techniques for more effectively administering security on IBM i
- Learn about useful system utilities and commands for configuring and managing security