IBM intends for BigInsights V4.1 to deliver enterprise capabilities along with the open source distribution.
IBM BigInsights for Apache Hadoop is planned for download from Passport Advantage. For organizations that do not require the full set of open source enterprise management and analytic capabilities offered in IBM BigInsights for Apache Hadoop, individual modules can be licensed that address specific needs:
- BigInsights Data Scientist is intended to enable deeper insight with advanced analytics and includes Big SQL, BigSheets, Big R, Machine Learning, and Text Analytics.
- BigInsights Analyst is intended to support query and visualization, and includes Big SQL and BigSheets.
- BigInsights Enterprise Management is intended to ensure scalability and performance of Hadoop clusters, and includes enterprise features for parallel computing and application grid management.
- Open Platform with Apache Hadoop is intended to deliver a platform based on the most updated open source components within weeks of general availability the Apache Community.
- IBM plans to include in the IBM Open Platform for Apache Hadoop new updates to all open source projects available in the previous version. It also plans to add Apache Kafka, a high throughput distributed messaging system, to the IBM Open Platform for Apache Hadoop. In addition, IBM plans to deliver updates to the IBM Open Platform with Apache Hadoop within weeks of general availability by the Apache community for future releases.
- Within BigInsights Data Scientist, IBM also intends to deliver new algorithms for use with BigR, including Decision Trees, Random Forests, and Stepwise Compression. All these are planned to enable R users to easily leverage existing R functions on a Hadoop cluster. Enhancements planned to the Text Analytics Web Tooling for CSV download and user-initiated save points will also be available.
- For BigInsights Enterprise Management, IBM also plans to integrate with Apache Ambari for integration and plans HDFS transparency for applications using IBM Spectrum Scale capabilities within this offering.
Find out more here.