The Newest Addition to the FlexTools Software Solutions Suite
DRV Technologies, Inc., the developer of FlexTools report management, electronic forms and MICR laser checks, and system monitoring software to help automate notification of IBM i, System i, iSeries, and AS/400 messages, has announced the release of DBXFlex report writer / query tool.
DBXFlex provides a native IBM i based report writer that lets users query and extract data from one or multiple database files and output directly to multiple file formats, including Excel, PDF, CSV and print files.
According to DRV President Richard Voss, “…developments in technology over the past decade have improved electronic delivery of data exponentially with email, texting, smart devices and so on. It’s logical to look at improving the way we obtain the information we want.”
DBXFlex features include:
- Ability to extract data from one or multiple IBM i data files to create custom reports
- Directly output to Excel, PDF, CSV and print files
- Perform record and field selection
- Add calculations, color highlighting, sorting, justification, date formatting and more
- Place files on shared folders on network servers or on the IFS
- Interface with DRV FlexTools to automate electronic distribution
- Runs on any IBM Power System running IBM OS i V5R1 or higher
- Introductory-priced at less than $3,000 for unlimited users
- Intuitive menu driven screens are easy to use, easy to learn
- Requires no programming skills
- No maintenance fee the first year
“Many organizations today are using ancient query tools or looking at expensive alternatives” says Voss. “DBXFlex provides a cost effective alternative for organizations to be able to create custom reports from their existing database files, without spending an arm and a leg.”
DBXFlex provides organizations with an easy-to-use report writer that provides greater flexibility over legacy reporting by allowing users to output reports directly in the formats they want without programming or additional hardware.