Native IBM i software eliminates preprinted checks and forms while allowing for storage and distribution of secure electronic documents.
FormFlex native iSeries software lets you print forms and checks on standard HP-compatible laser printers using plain cut sheet paper or store as PDF to automatically email, fax, and electronically file, based on conditions and variables and your business rules. No PC hardware or custom programming is required.
Developer's Take: "Every organization exchanges documents with its business partners, but independent industry studies show that up to 17 percent of an organization's daily revenues are actually consumed by the exchange of these business-critical documents. That means between three and eight weeks of every year, a company is working at full tilt just to pay for the printing and distribution of documents. FormFlex replaces expensive preprinted business forms and checks with professional-looking electronic forms complete with logos, lines, boxes—even password-protected signatures. In addition to the cost-savings provided by automated electronic distribution and paperless electronic filing, FormFlex projects the professional image that most companies desire. In 2010, we enhanced FormFlex with a number of new features, including added security with multiple-level signature password protection, database add-on enabling forms to merge with a database, OCRA font support even in PDF, the ability to insert variables into static text, and other enhancements to improve the flexibility of the FormFlex package."
—Richard Voss, president, DRV Technologies, Inc.
- Functions: FormFlex is a turnkey solution that replaces preprinted forms and checks with electronic overlays to print on laser printers, convert to PDF, and electronically file and email. Create and store electronic form and check overlays natively on the iSeries for maximum reliability and security. Print crisp laser forms and checks with logos, lines, boxes, MICR, and data in a single pass on inexpensive HP-compatible network laser printers. Eliminate storage and handling of expensive preprinted forms. Integrates with any iSeries application spooled files, without programming.
- Features: The FormFlex a la carte modular architecture allow users to deploy only those features they need and was developed to take advantage of not only IP network printing, but PDF storage and delivery options. The Secure Checks add-on module adds signature security to check printing, allowing you to password-protect encrypted signatures, check overlays, and even the printing process with one or multiple required passwords (also encrypted). The Forms Conversion utility allows FormFlex to output PDF and is also compatible with legacy form overlay products that output ASCII and AFP. Users can add the Advanced Utilities to automate electronic form distribution by email and e-filing. FormFlex is one of the DRV FlexTools, a family of products that includes SpoolFlex, ReportFlex, MessageFlex, SignFlex, and, soon, DataFlex. All DRV FlexTools are covered by a 30-day money-back guarantee, are compatible with the latest IBM operating systems, and are highly suitable for an organization that may be facing expensive upgrades or incompatibilities with obsolete third- party applications.
- Platforms: IBM i (iSeries/System i/AS/400)
- System Requirements: IBM i or OS/400 V4R4 or later
- Product Category: Document Management/Content Management/Imaging
- Product Type: Native IBM i rules-based software to print, electronically store, or route forms and checks without programming
- General Availability: Released June 2010
- Price: Flat pricing not based on IBM tier group, number of users, or output queues. The modular price starts at $3,650 and then goes up, depending on which modules you need for your application, with the average solution for printing, emailing, and archiving being around $7,500.
DRV Technologies, Inc.
3250 Peachtree Industrial Blvd., Suite 201
Duluth, GA 30096