The solution now fully automates IFS and library object replication using QAUDIT journal.
Shield Advanced Solutions (Canada) Ltd. has announced the release of V4.1 of its Receiver Apply Program (RAP) high availability application.
RAP is a high availability solution for the small and medium business (SMB) IBM i market. Using IBM supplied technology such as Remote Journaling and the APYJRNCHG command, RAP provides data and object synchronization capabilities across systems.
IBM has provided the APYJRNCHG technology since the inception of the AS/400, and recent advances have added the Remote Journal technology to allow users to transfer journal changes between systems. RAP has taken these technologies and merged them to allow for applying remote journal receivers automatically thus using the technology to their best advantage. This latest release of RAP also adds the use of the QAUDIT Journal for object IFS replication, allowing objects not covered by the journal technology to be replicated immediately when a change is detected.
Chris Hird, president of Shield, says, “We have added many new features in this release that now put the product in the high availability (HA) solution category. We have taken full advantage of embedded IBM technology that has been around for many years. Having been involved in the HA market space for 20 years, I believe the product now provides the essential requirements for an HA solution.”
- Fully automated IFS and library object replication, using the QAUDIT journal as the trigger.
- Active job snapshots, which create a copy of the WRKACTJOB screens for viewing on the remote system.
- JobQ monitoring, which replicates the content of job queues to the remote system.
- Improved flexibility for configuration of remote journals and receiver libraries.
- Journal management tools for receiver change using the base IBM job scheduler.
- Improved role swap programs with restart capabilities built in.
These new features add functionality to RAP which is not available in other HA offerings.
Receiver Apply Program V4.1 installs as an IBM licensed program product. The products ships with a 30 day trial key which allows full use of all functions. After expiration of the trial period, a new license can be obtained from Shield Advanced Solutions.
Base pricing is by IBM processor group. For additional information please contact Shield Advanced Solutions Ltd – www.shield.on.ca.