IBM has announced that Gartner Inc. has positioned IBM as a Leader in the 2019 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Center Outsourcing and Hybrid Infrastructure Managed Services, North America. This year, IBM was positioned the highest in ability to execute.
- New quantum risk assessment and subscription services available to clients
- IBM Cloud will begin to provide quantum-safe cryptography services on the public cloud in 2020
- IBM Research demonstrates world's first quantum computing safe tape drive prototype
- IBM donates quantum-safe cryptographic algorithms to open source community
Anheuser-Busch InBev, Cisco GlaxoSmithKline, Lenovo, Nokia, Schneider Electric and Vodafone to Tackle Supplier Information Management Challenges
IBM and Chainyard today announced Trust Your Supplier (TYS), a new blockchain network designed to improve supplier qualification, validation, onboarding and life cycle information management. Anheuser-Busch InBev, Cisco, GlaxoSmithKline, Lenovo, Nokia, Schneider Electric and Vodafone are founding participants alongside IBM in the network and share a common goal of solving challenges related to supplier information management. IBM's industry expertise and Chainyard's product capabilities building on IBM Blockchain Platform have brought this solution to market.
- Acquisition positions IBM as the leading hybrid cloud provider and accelerates IBM's high-value business model, extending Red Hat's open source innovation to a broader range of clients
- IBM preserves Red Hat's independence and neutrality; Red Hat will strengthen its existing partnerships to give customers freedom, choice and flexibility
- Red Hat's unwavering commitment to open source remains unchanged
- Together, IBM and Red Hat will deliver next-generation hybrid multicloud platform
IBM and Red Hat announced today that they have closed the transaction under which IBM acquired all of the issued and outstanding common shares of Red Hat for $190.00 per share in cash, representing a total equity value of approximately $34 billion.
IBM Power Systems Virtual Servers on IBM Cloud Provide More Flexibility to Help Clients Modernize Workloads for the Hybrid Cloud Era
IBM today announced that IBM POWER9-based IBM Power Systems Virtual Servers are now available in the IBM Cloud. Clients now have access to IBM Power Systems Virtual Servers in North America via the IBM Cloud catalog to provide powerful scaleup compute for AIX and IBM i workloads for hybrid cloud. This is all backed by the performance, resiliency, and security capabilities of IBM POWER9 and IBM Cloud. The launch of IBM Power Systems Virtual Servers builds on the broad portfolio of POWER-based solutions in the IBM Cloud including GPU-accelerated servers on IBM Cloud, SAP HANA on Power Systems on IBM Cloud, and IBM Cloud for Skytap Solutions.
New AutoAI capabilities designed to help advance AI development by automating and speeding time-intensive data processes, while freeing-up data scientists to focus on machine learning
IBM today announced AutoAI, a new set of capabilities for Watson Studio designed to automate many of the often complicated and laborious tasks associated with designing, optimizing and governing AI in the enterprise. As a result, data scientists can be freed up to dedicate more time to designing, testing and deploying machine learning (ML) models – the work of AI.
Grocer is the latest company to adopt blockchain-based traceability system for global food ecosystem
Albertsons Companies, one of the largest food and drug retailers in the United States, is joining the blockchain-based IBM Food Trust network and will begin piloting the technology to improve how food is traced from farm to store shelf. The addition of Albertsons Companies to the Food Trust ecosystem of more than 80 brands brings blockchain-based food traceability to more consumers and industry players – from producers to suppliers to retailers – by helping enable greater transparency and collaboration, and ultimately, a safer food supply.