Organizations want better visibility, control, and automation across their businesses, notes IBM.
IBM has unveiled new building blocks to help clients transform their businesses and offer new intelligent products and services to customers. At the recent PULSE 2010 service management conference, IBM announced new software and services that allow clients to exploit the intersection of physical and digital assets and information to improve their operations, deliver new products to market, and reduce costs.
The typical organization is managing an ever-changing infrastructure with assets and information stretched across both physical and digital worlds. Organizations want better visibility, control and automation across their businesses. IBM helps clients manage their converging business processes, physical and IT infrastructures, networks, and assets as diverse as building facilities, water mains and office equipment, to improve their operations and deliver new and improved products and services to their customers.
"As the world becomes more instrumented, the growth of digital and physical data creates vast opportunities for organizations that integrate and interconnect these once disparate areas and assert control and accountability over all pieces of the business, whether in the data center or an oil field," said Al Zollar, general manager, IBM Tivoli software. "IBM helps clients build and manage the infrastructures that are behind the world’s most intelligent buildings, cities, utilities, offices, transportation systems and operations in every industry."
IBM views integrated service management as the "operating system" of a smarter planet and announced more than a dozen new offerings that drive intelligent product and services innovation, and deliver better control and automation for industry-specific solutions, design, and delivery and the data center.
Integrated Service Management for Industry Solutions
- New IBM Global Business Services is extending its capabilities around integrated service management for new industry-specific solutions including advanced water management and IBM Maximo real-time asset locator for aerospace, energy and utilities, healthcare and manufacturing.
- IBM recently announced two new Solutions Experience Labs in Austin, Texas, and La Gaude, France, to help clients better understand the potential of RFID technology and other business solutions.
- Property Portfolio Management--New IBM Global Business Services and IBM Maximo asset management software solution that extends Maximo to manage an entire portfolio of buildings into a consolidated location.
- Separately, Johnson Controls and Ricoh are announcing they are working with IBM to deliver intelligent building, facility and office solutions to reduce the carbon footprint.
- The Tennessee Valley Authority and Galveston National Labs are announcing they are working with IBM to create smarter buildings at world-class facilities that require the utmost precision and maintenance.
- IBM has announced the acquisition of Intelliden, a leading provider of intelligent network automation software, to further build out its integrated service management portfolio and provide clients with better control of their network environments.
Integrated Service Management for Service Design and Delivery
- New IBM CloudBurst QuickStart Services are pre-integrated hardware, software, and services fit-for-purpose cloud workload compute platform that can be quickly and easily implemented into the client's environment. IBM will provide installation, configuration, and education required to implement the IBM CloudBurst QuickStart Services solution.
- IBM now has more than 1,800 "ready-to-deploy" solutions available in the IBM Tivoli Open Process Automation Library (OPAL). These solutions are integrations of leading business partner products with IBM software solutions that solve industry-specific and customer needs.
Integrated Service Management for the Data Center
- New IBM Information Archive enables policy-driven management of information across its lifecycle.
- IBM Tivoli Provisioning Manager for Images enables clients to discover, capture, store, deploy and standardize all physical and virtual images in a single repository managed from a single interface.
- IBM Tivoli Security Incident and Event Manager improves security by automating collection of distributed log information and tracking of abnormal behavior by privileged users--all from a common integrated dashboard, enabling better threat management and compliance reporting.
- New storage management offerings IBM Tivoli Storage Manager, IBM Tivoli Fastback and IBM Tivoli Fastback for Workstations ensure duplicate files are backed up only once and recovery can now be managed from a single console.
- IBM Power7 with IBM Systems Director and VMControl provide an integrated system of hardware, software and services including Integrated Service Management capabilities developed through a relationship between IBM Tivoli Software and IBM Systems Technology Group to enable a fully virtualized infrastructure providing rapid deployment at lower cost.
For more information, please visit: