Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eclipse: An IDE for Tomorrow?

** This thread discusses the article: Eclipse: An IDE for Tomorrow? **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: Eclipse: An IDE for Tomorrow? **

Eclipse: An IDE for Tomorrow?

** This thread discusses the article: Eclipse: An IDE for Tomorrow? **
    1. C# does not have its own IDE. VS.NET give one IDE for any language complying to .NET. It is next version of C++ compiler/IDE which was/is otherwise called mother of all compilers. 2. If at all anybody could develop an incredible IDE, it always imitates Visual Studio IDE some way or the other. Remember i'm not supporting Microsoft. But i have to appreciate good things where ever it is. 3. We all claim Microsoft is controlling business with monopoly. I have never seen Microsoft swallowing any company 100%. All subsidiaries still have their name and brand still under Microsoft. But IBM never has. 4. When SCO can claim for its proprietary software which IBM stole, SCo and Microsoft will be cyber attacked. 5. Forget everything learn Java - IBM mantra. That means i have to reengineer all my Cobol, RPG and VB programs to Java. Forget it. IBM failed there. If IBM supported Microsoft with .NET, there can definitely be a .NET framework in IBM's Mainframe, AS400, Linux etc. IBM can also give its RPG, COBOL etc compilers in .NET. That way IBM can empower itself. But current direction is pathetic. 6. If there is a .NET in Mainframe, AS400 etc and supported jointly by Microsoft and IBM, nothing like that. 7. IBM forces every HR manager to look for only Java expertise in market. Eclipse is the direction towards that. A Visual Studio IDE helps a HR manager to find any of 24+ languages including RPG, cobol, fortran, etc expertise. Now decide for yourself if Eclipse is going towards IBM money making strategy of user benefits. Don't only keep complaining Microsoft.

Comment

Working...
    X