• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IBM Is Having a Sale!

** This thread discusses the article: IBM Is Having a Sale! **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: IBM Is Having a Sale! **

IBM Is Having a Sale!

Bob, This is very cool. I (or is it i?) can shop for an i (I?) like I (i?) now shop for a shirt online!! Now, where can I (i?) find an extra $12K. Holly crap, Bob. Tom.

Comment

IBM Is Having a Sale!

... or is the apocalypse here? I added a 9406-520EP package to my "shopping cart" (this ain't my mama's shopping cart, btw), clicked on Check Out, asking for billing and ship to addresses... Fill in imaginary required fields, click Continue, get the Payment & Shipping screen, asking for credit card. Jeez, this is the real deal, no? I've never charged $14,500 to my credit card. Think they'd call me on that one? Wow. Bob, thanks for being the squeaky wheel.

Comment

IBM Is Having a Sale!

What are you gonna do with that box? ;-)

Comment

IBM Is Having a Sale!

Re: "I just wish they had one that also included rack mounting, WDSC, 4 GB of RAM, and another couple of drives for a similar price." If there's one thing Moore's Law (implicitly, I admit) teaches us, it's that your wish will come true. Either that or an even better deal will come along. Whatever you don't buy today will be available tomorrow for 10% less, and it will have 10% more capacity. Next week the numbers improve by 20%. Will the cycle of increasing price/performance ever end? I mean, I love it and everything, but sometimes it's hard to keep up!

Comment

Working...
          X