Warning: Undefined array key 125517 in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 3534

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 3536

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 704

Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 3548

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 635

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 635

Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72

Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77

Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72

Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77

Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 173

Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 190

Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 191

Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 197

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 6509

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 212

Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 251

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 4998

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 1585

Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 1601
i5/OS V6R1 Looms on the Horizon - MC Press Online Forums

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i5/OS V6R1 Looms on the Horizon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i5/OS V6R1 Looms on the Horizon

** This thread discusses the article: i5/OS V6R1 Looms on the Horizon **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: i5/OS V6R1 Looms on the Horizon **

Nice article, Joel. It's agood start on "The Joy Of Six". There is a broken link in the article. You reference an IBM site that has a list of enhancements. This is what I found: http://www-304.ibm.com/jct01004c/sys...6r1/index.html As far as putting a label over the i; I know someone who keeps a S/38 label for old times. Tom

Comment

Thanks for the compliment. As to the broken link, I don't know if someone at MC saw your post and fixed it, but I just tried the article link and it worked for me. It goes to a page listing some of the planned new features. You can also get to that page by following the link you provided (which provides no content, but a couple of links), clicking on "i5/OS V6R1 preview", then clicking on "enhancements" on the page that comes up. I just thought that the URL I provided was a somewhat more direct way of getting there The problem you had with the link might have been temporary. I was having a bit of a problem with the IBM Web site today. When I followed the link you provided, then clicked on the two links to get to the page I provided, the first time I clicked on each link Firefox sat there whirring away for quite some time trying to bring up the page. When I gave up and clicked the link again, it came up immediately. This happened to me a couple of times on the IBM site. Then again, that's probably just me. Technology hates me. Either that or IBM hates me. I'm not sure which, but I'm sure someone hates me.

Comment

Hi Joel, I looked on the system for the command referenced in your article "ANZOBJCVN" but I don't seem to have this command available or can't find it for some reason. We have the latest IBM Cume package for V5R4 loaded. Do you happen to know what PTF(s) make this command available? Please let me know. Thanks!

Comment

My role here is more along the lines of journalist. Someone else asked me the same question by email. I did a search on IBM's site for "+ANZOBJCVN +PTF +download" (without the quotes) and found this page: http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...2573240057fd1b, which seems to provide a download facility for the required V5R4 PTF. I'm not a techie and have no experience with the PTF process, so I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for. Good luck.

Comment

...are located here: http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...257367004cfc3c

Comment

its a nice article joel... though quite impresive i must add that i have some problems getting a preview..

Comment

Working...
              X