• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Press Four for Frustration

** This thread discusses the article: Press Four for Frustration **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: Press Four for Frustration **

Press Four for Frustration

Joel, Funny article. BTW, you forgot to mention one other annoying thing. Waiting at length in the queue only to be dumped into a voice mailbox. I have NEVER received a return call in those situations. But haven't you heard? It's all part of Customer Relationship Management. PhDs-to-be are writing their Doctoral Thesis about this stuff. Companies are spending Billions trying to integrate CRM Modules into their ERPs. So try showing a little appreciation, OK? Sure, you think that you're getting lousy service... But you're getting it FASTER than ever! And it's not that you can't get any Help.... You've been EMPOWERED to Help Yourself! Got it? Mike

Comment

Press Four for Frustration

CRM -- that stands for, "Customers are Really Meaningless", right. Isn't it amazing how many companies are pumping so money into Customer Relationship Management, yet so few customers feel any more personally connected to the companies that they deal with. But, what the heck, CRM does help to sell lots more hardware and software and, as someone who sells marketing services to the Information Technology industry, I think that is always a very good thing. Re, getting dumped into voice mail after being held in a lengthy queue -- good one. I don't know how I could have missed that one. Then again, there is only so much I can put into each column. Maybe I'll do another tirade on the same topic in a few months and cover a few of the annoyances that I missed. Oh, by the way, don't you know that those voice mail boxes don't really exist. You are just talking to air.

Comment

Working...
      X