IBM iSeries Marketing Builds on the Legend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IBM iSeries Marketing Builds on the Legend

** This thread discusses the article: IBM iSeries Marketing Builds on the Legend **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: IBM iSeries Marketing Builds on the Legend **

IBM iSeries Marketing Builds on the Legend

** This thread discusses the article: IBM iSeries Marketing Builds on the Legend **
    IBM building on the AS/400 legend seems a lot like syndicated TV trying to revive Tarzan just because it provided solid entertainment when Johnny Weismuller had the job, or the wretched remake of the Lone Ranger about 10 years ago, as compared to the real Lone Ranger. I made my escape from the AS/400 world and can't imagine ever working on it again. I spent a lot of my working life associated with the IBM midrange so I still follow it, mostly out of habit. IBM ignored it to the point of atrophy. Now the only reason to buy one is because there is no reasonable alternative available, not because it is sought out as the best of breed. Maybe IBM should perform another fabled reorganization where all the boxes move around the org chart, mistaking the resulting dust cloud with some kind of actual plan for improvemnt.

Comment

Working...
    X