• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aging Technology

** This thread discusses the article: Aging Technology **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: Aging Technology **

Aging Technology

I often wonder if our increasing technology is creating solutions for non-problems or just marketing opportunies for all those MBAs.

Comment

Aging Technology

dmashl said:
      I often wonder if our increasing technology is creating solutions for non-problems or just marketing opportunies for all those MBAs.
      WHOA. STOP RIGHT THERE ... what's wrong with marketing opportunities for MBAs? I hope that my article does not lead to a revolt against marketing opportunities for MBAs. I've got to eat.

Comment

Aging Technology

I had some similar thoughts Here And yes, I too, at the ripe old age 49, have received my invitation to join the AARP.

Comment

Aging Technology

I remember when placing a call required REAL voice recognition, "number please" and each phone had its own ring. But you did have to count them. We only picked up on five! The system really worked but you had to place a long distance call hours in advance. I just think it's all about what we get comfortable with! Bring this new stuff on! If I can use it, and if it solves a problem, I'll use it. I can set the VCR time! Ooops, we're into DVDs and other things now!

Comment

Aging Technology

dmash said:
            If I can use it, and if it solves a problem, I'll use it.
            Of course that's the point -- "If I can use it, and if it solves a problem" -- for many people who have not grown up around technology, they can't use it, even though it probably wouldn't take all that much to design it in a way that would be much simpler for them. As a recent article The Economist stated, there are still a large number of VCR (now DVD) clocks flashing "00:00" out there. I won't say more on that here because it will probably be the subject of a future tirade.

Comment

Aging Technology

Great. Finally some says it for us (older) population. I've been in this (IT) businees since 1966 but some one (younger than me) had to tell me to press SEND on my cell phone ther first time I tried to use it. That should not have been. It at least could have been labeled CALL!

Comment

Working...
              X