Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost Bits of Democracy

** This thread discusses the article: Lost Bits of Democracy **
    Much of Massachusetts is full of gas, too.

Comment

Lost Bits of Democracy

Hmmmmm.... I'm sure that the folks at Haliburton would be interested in knowing that. Now, is there any chance that Alberta needs to be liberated from an oppressive dictatorship that's harboring terrorists? No reason in particular for asking, just uhmmmm Curious. Besides, there's been a sharp decline in the amount of gas emitted from Massachusettes in the last two weeks. Here in the states we may need to start importing sooner than we thought.

Comment

Lost Bits of Democracy

The Conservative Party of Alberta has won every election since 1971 and almost certainly will win the election there on Nov. 22. Does a government that's been in power that long qualify under your definition of a dictatorship? As to oppressed ... they are the only province in Canada to have no provincial sales tax and they have the lowest personal income tax rates in Canada. Hardly sounds oppressive. And, thanks to high oil prices and the pool of oil that they are sitting on, they are the only province to have totally eliminated their provincial debt. (Technically they haven't eliminated it because that would mean paying hefty penalties to retire it early, but they have accumulated enough reserves to pay it off at any time if they want to.) That hardly sounds oppressive either. Wait. This might be something. There are some Alberta citizens who are upset over healthcare cuts that were implemented when oil prices were lower. Maybe you can use that to justify going in to defeat oppression. Although, you better act quickly because the Alberta government is asking Albertans what they want to do with the huge budget surpluses. I think spending more on healthcare is one of the options on the referendum, so you might lose that excuse if you don't act quickly. I can't help you with the harboring terrorists question. We Canadians are all very polite. We would first ask the permission of the victims before committing any acts of terror. Since the victims aren't likely to say yes, I don't think that there can be any Canadian terrorists. Just in case you can justify an invasion, don't think that Canada would be a pushover. As I mentioned in another tirade, our soldier is very dedicated and well trained. He does take weekends and evenings off, so you might want to think about invading then.

Comment

Lost Bits of Democracy

Yeah, but it's cold! Dave

Comment

Lost Bits of Democracy

Yeah, but it's cold!
            I know. That's our secret weapon. Why would anybody want to attack us. It takes to long to get into your down-filled snowsuit.

Comment

Lost Bits of Democracy

No worries, Joel.... This is a kinder, gentler administration. I'm talking about a buyout, not an Invasion. I think they're lining up investors already. So don't think of it as Regime change, think of it as replacing the Board of Directors. And it's so much easier to get a consensus this way. Afterall, the DOJ, SEC and EU all pretended with a straight face, that it's not monopolistic for Oracle to buy PeopleSoft. I think we'll even have the French on our side this time. If for no other reason than Paybacks for Quebec.

Comment

Lost Bits of Democracy

mikejsavino said:
                I'm talking about a buyout, not an Invasion. I think they're lining up investors already.
                A buyout, eh? The media up here have reported that some immigration lawyers are saying that since Nov. 3rd they have been inundated with requests from Americans looking for information on how to immigrate to Canada. So are you saying that they are just coming up to do due diligence?

Comment

Lost Bits of Democracy

A: Proffessional Courtesy. Joel said "immigration lawyers are saying that since Nov. 3rd they have been inundated with requests from Americans looking for information on how to immigrate to Canada" Well Gosh.... If a Lawyer said it, then it MUST be True !! I think that means that BOTH Barbara Streisand and Alec Baldwin have applied. I've never been a big Alec Baldwin fan anyway. And I already own a copy of Funny Girl.... which will always be Streisand's best work. So, How exactly will this effect Me ?? Regards, Second Hand Mike

Comment

Working...
                  X