• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eat This Column

** This thread discusses the article: Eat This Column **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: Eat This Column **

Eat This Column

The idea of printing on a soy based paper with edible inks is not a new idea. It has been used for several years now to allow people to put photos on cakes. However, using it to "make food more attractive" by printing images of other foods sounds totally rediculous to me so most of your statements I would have to agree with.

Comment

Eat This Column

It had to happen. Virtual reality in games, virtual reality in movie visual effects, virtual partions in servers. Why not virtual food too? At the rate things are going, in 100 years or so, humanity will simply plug into a computer and live their entire life virtually, probably floating in some isolation tank, the whole time. I'm kidding, of course, but sometimes it sure feels that way to me.

Comment

Eat This Column

tedslezak said:
        At the rate things are going, in 100 years or so, humanity will simply plug into a computer and live their entire life virtually, probably floating in some isolation tank, the whole time.
        I'm kidding, of course, but sometimes it sure feels that way to me.
        Kidding? Some people already seem to be living plugged into their computers. What with e-mail, v-mail, instant messaging, blogs and more, I think that some people never make any sort of human contact that involves a non-electronic connection.

Comment

Eat This Column

Now is a good time for me to put in my 2¢. I think I have said this before, but it is worth repeating. Someone once said that if computers had existed 150 years ago, someone would have predicted that the streets would be knee deep in horse manure by today......... The point being that we don't know what the future holds and we can't really predict it based on current conditions! Joe

Comment

Eat This Column

I predict with absolute accuracy. . . . . . . . . That there are people out there who think I can't do it! Dave

Comment

Working...
            X