The Salary Slide: New Data Shows 1.5% Decrease for IT Workers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Salary Slide: New Data Shows 1.5% Decrease for IT Workers

** This thread discusses the article: The Salary Slide: New Data Shows 1.5% Decrease for IT Workers **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: The Salary Slide: New Data Shows 1.5% Decrease for IT Workers **

** This thread discusses the article: The Salary Slide: New Data Shows 1.5% Decrease for IT Workers **
    I noted that it is the "median" reported income among those who responded to the survey that dropped. I think a better indication of income change would be the median DELTA between 2002 income and 2003 income, for all who responded in 2003. Why better? Because the body of respondents in 2003 is different from what it was in 2002. It is possible that a larger percentage of relatively-lower-income members responded in 2003 than did in 2002. It is possible that the membership of IEEE grew the most in the lower-income stratum. Without tax data from 2002 to compare with tax data from 2003, for the same group of respondents, the conclusion is not, in my opinion, as solid.

Comment

Are you or anyone else on this forum a IEEE-USA member? That's the group that was surveyed. I certainly don't know of any IEEE-USA members. That being the case, how is it relevant to the AS/400 world? chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer. "MC Web Master" wrote in message news:6b209061.-1@WebX.WawyahGHajS... > This is a discussion about The Salary Slide: New Data Shows 1.5% Decrease for IT Workers. > > Click here for the article <http://www.mcpressonline.com/mc?1@23...T.17@.6b1babbc>.

Comment

Thomas Stockwell wrote: According to the ITAA, H-1B visa rules require employers to pay prevailing wages. Wink wink, nudge nudge. Dave

Comment

"Discouraging Trend" is a nice summation in this article. I agree with Chuck, in addtion to his point, in that a survey with a median income of $100,000 doesn't apply to the vast majority of the AS/400 workforce, and the first comment, in that percentage changes in those kind of salary ranges are not applicable to, for example, average programmer salaries only half of that. However, the documented decrease being the first since 1972 is significant. Thanks for the info. Of course, many of us already know it from "anecdotal" evidence. (a very weak grin goes here.) rd

Comment

Working...
          X