• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart Guns Et Al.

** This thread discusses the article: Smart Guns Et Al. **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: Smart Guns Et Al. **

Smart Guns Et Al.

waste of time. This article was certainly not the best way to start off my day. Call that sense of humor huh!

Comment

Smart Guns Et Al.

If there's a tech tip there, I can't find any. The humor was also questionable. I'm curious what the grammatical error was in the first sentence. It's been a few years since I've taken an English grammar course (the 1980s) but it appears grammatically correct to me. Charlie PS. I'm not an NRA fan, and I have no problem with the political views of the article. I just didn't find it particularly funny or valuable. As for "smart PCs" on his list, I don't remember my PC actually crashing to a blue screen in a very long time. A better "smart PC" would be one that combines television technology with PC.. like, you turn it on and it immediately starts to work. Imagine if you changed your television station and got an hourglass for five minutes while it loads the program for that channel!

Comment

Smart Guns Et Al.

dose of humor! I'm not always interested in reading a tech tip or article. Keep the humor coming!!!

Comment

Smart Guns Et Al.

If you must include a swipe at the NRA, at stick to your GUNS. They do. Nah, I'm too cheap to be a member, I only expel cartridges on what I eat or wear.

Comment

Smart Guns Et Al.

Let just make a couple of points here:[*]My columns appear in an MC Press publication titled "MC TNT", which stands for "MC Tips N' Tirades". My columns are supposed to be the tirades portion of the publication, not the tips. So if you're looking specifically for a tip, I suggest that you skip my columns (although my ego would prefer that you didn't).[*]The grammar problem with the first sentence is, unless you take "smart" to be the verb meaning "to be the cause of a sharp pain" (not my intent) rather than the adjective describing mental prowess (my intent), the sentence does not contain a verb - not to mention the lack of a subject, or is it an object, I keep getting those two mixed up.[*]With regard to the column being boring: I'm sorry that you feel that way. I'll try better next time. Joel

Comment

Smart Guns Et Al.

Don’t let them bring ya down Joel. You rock! I absolutely love your sense of humor….. dry dry dry….very very dry. Sort of like Steven Wright…except smart. Smart Man. Yeah that’s it. Kathie

Comment

Smart Guns Et Al.

How about shoes that decide you need a break, so they take you down to the ice cream stand! Then you need to walk the ice cream off, so they take you for a walk. And if the "not so nice" element of society is in the vicinity, the shoes steer you around them!

Comment

Smart Guns Et Al.

Joe, for your information the smartest of them all i.e. the "Howitzer" guns were actually designed and developed in Ottawa, Canada by General Dynamics. My brother-in-law was a technical lead in this project that just finished. Guess what the next project is? "Smart Helicopters"! So much for Canada being a anti-gun country! BTW I was shocked to know a few years back that per person guns were more in Canada than the USA. The only reason you dont hear about guns in Canada is because they are mostly owned by farmers used to kill rats, rabbits, and snakes etc., not brother Canadians in the streets.

Comment

Smart Guns Et Al.

The only reason you don't hear about guns in Canada is because they are mostly owned by farmers used to kill rats, rabbits, and snakes etc., not brother Canadians in the streets.
                    I wish that I could be as proud about Canadians' use of guns as you are. I live in Toronto. We recently had a spate of shootings, including some deaths. Our murder rate per capita is still somewhat lower than in many large U.S. cities and hopefully the spate was an anomaly, but I'm not willing to boast about how smart we are about guns right at this moment.

Comment

Smart Guns Et Al.

Brian, Your smart shoes sound like a great invention. Do you know where I can buy a pair? If not, can you recommend a particularly good ice cream stand? Your posting made me hungry.

Comment

Smart Guns Et Al.

Joe, I did live in Keele-Shepher area where I can see Jamaican, Guyanese, Vietnames, Italian, and other ethnic gangs maintaining a "peace of mutual terror". The only violent area in Greater Toronto area that I know of is the Jane-Finch intersection where Jamaican gangs fight for turf. When in 1995 Clinton Jr. shot dead a cop and critically injured the other, cops went trigger happy killing every colored man they felt threatened. I thought that took care of the gangs. However last year when I drove thru that area in my friend's Lincoln, cops chased and stopped me and did not let me go until my friend verified that he had actually lend me his car (I did not steal it). Wow! I never thought there was such a thing as "Driving while brown" although I thought I was as white as any Italian. Apparently Jane-Finch is still "Jamaican and Finch" as we used to call it ten years ago. The other hot spot was scarborough where Tamils fresh from the Sri Lankan war were learning how to live in a peaceful country and moved in gangs fighting each other. I heard they have settled down after the introduction of ethnic special forces where Tamil cops dealt with these Tamil gangs. Other than that I think Ontario is very peaceful. In Mississauga I dont lock my home or my car. My kids play in the streets. Compare it to fight for turf between Hell Angels and rival gangs, or Chinese-Indian gang fight in Vancouver. Edmonton had a few murders as well.

Comment

Working...
                        X