• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silicon Attorneys

** This thread discusses the article: Silicon Attorneys **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: Silicon Attorneys0

Silicon Attorneys

Joel RE: Computers don't have feelings. They feel neither the need nor the want for anything. Offering a few hundred dollars under the computer desk is not going to buy you a favorable judgment. But how long will it be before the computers are self diagnosing and start to want more memory or bigger disks?

Comment

Silicon Attorneys

I'm not that old, born in the 50's (use your computer to figure it out ). I remember when talk of the new 'electronic brains' that would take over all our jobs was filling the air. They could absorb all the information fed to them on small punch cards, and have it readily available for easy retrieval. No more research departments needed. Well, the IS department where I work is bigger and better paid than any research department from back in the day. As technologies evolve, so do job sets and skill sets. Now, all the lawyers will simply become what the next technology dictates. Of course, they will clammer along whining and finding ways to cling to the past--just as RPG programmers have done. The world moves on. Get over it.

Comment

Silicon Attorneys

Just what I need a needy, whining computer! My luck when computers get feelings, I'll get one with a mass of neuroses. Wouldn't that be just wonderful, another me rendered in silicon.

Comment

Silicon Attorneys

Re computers not taking over lawyers just as they haven't replaced people in other areas: In the future, it's probably a good idea not to take me so seriously. I don't really think that computers will replace lawyers. Knowing lawyers, I'm sure that they will find a way to spin out whole, very lucrative practices dedicated to suing the new legal computers (and their owners, manufacturers, programmers and anyone else who crossed the computers' paths) for malpractice, restraint of trade or some other offense.

Comment

Silicon Attorneys

Silicon Attorneys...... Sure. Maybe the day that Pamela Anderson and Dolly Parton pass the BAR. Who would you rather trust to safeguard your future ??

Comment

Silicon Attorneys

mikejsavino said:
              Maybe the day that Pamela Anderson and Dolly Parton pass the BAR.
              Ah, what a difference an "e" makes! I don't know about the chemical makeup of those women's features, but I was talking about "silicon" attorneys. I think that you are talking about "silicone" attorneys.

Comment

Working...
              X