• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruffled Serenity

** This thread discusses the article: Ruffled Serenity **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: Ruffled Serenity0

Ruffled Serenity

Joel, You're in marketing, right? I think your just jealous of the good marketing job done on the Serene phone...HA!...KIDDING! Mary Ann

Comment

Ruffled Serenity

Joel, This is one of your best! I laughed out loud. Thanks! Steve Zimmerman

Comment

Ruffled Serenity

Be a patriotic Canadian and get yourself a Blackberry. It will solve your problem of synchronizing your phone book with MS-Outlook. Actually it will also synchronize the entire contact list that includes, phone numbers, addresses, etc. Additionally it synchronizes tasks, memos, calendar, and even emails. There is a reason it is addictive and hence called "Crackberry". But wait a minute, I forgot that you are a Canadian by birth, and not by choice. And that you did not have to take the oath of loyalty. So you are free to prefer Starbucks over Tim Hortons. So the money you made from your book, you can very well afford to buy this piece of "Jewellery" that is marketed as a cell phone.

Comment

Ruffled Serenity

Hassan, I'm not sure Joel has the kind of money you think he has from the book sale. I use the singular and not the plural of sale because I was the only one who bought the book and that was in the digital discount bin. {;-}> Tom.

Comment

Ruffled Serenity

Joel, This was one of your best. Be sure to include it in your next book. I would have a really hard time finding the phone if it's going to do a Romulan disappearing act in the absence of light. I have a hard enough time finding things in the presence of light like keys, glasses, and mind. That it almost disappears in the absence of light means that they got hold of some of that top secret technology being stored at Hanger 18 in New Mexico that makes aliens visible in the darkest reaches of the Looziana swamps and Nebraska corn fields. That's what makes it so expensive. Tom.

Comment

Ruffled Serenity

I often asked people in show business as to what makes a good satirist, humorist, comedian, mimic. I came to the conclusion that a good humorist is a badly pissed off person. Since Joel has often complained about the lack of appreciation of his book, I thought a good way to piss him off and get some humor would be to pretend that I think he made a lot of money from the book

Comment

Ruffled Serenity

Yes, I am in marketing, but mostly information technology, business-to-business marketing, not consumer marketing. We, of course, are very practical, down-to-earth people who NEVER try to mislead or oversell customers.

Comment

Ruffled Serenity

This is one of your best! I laughed out loud.
                  Thanks. The compliment is greatly appreciated.
                  Thanks!
                  You're very welcome.

Comment

Ruffled Serenity

Be a patriotic Canadian and get yourself a Blackberry.
                    I'm a Canadian who earns the vast majority of his revenue from American customers. It would be hypocritical of me to then turn around and buy only Canadian products when I think that an American is actually better, faster, or cheaper. I own a Palm Treo mainly because, unlike is the case with BlackBerry, I specifically did NOT want push email. I wanted my email to come to me only when I ask for it. And yes, I do very much prefer the taste of Starbucks coffee over Tim Hortons.

Comment

Ruffled Serenity

I'm not sure Joel has the kind of money you think he has from the book sale. I use the singular and not the plural of sale because I was the only one who bought the book and that was in the digital discount bin. {;-}>
                      Tom, let me state publicly as I've mentioned privately, I greatly appreciate your purchase of the book, although I exaggerated about you being the only one to have bought it. Unfortunately, it was not nearly as much as an exaggeration as I would have liked. My book royalties will cover my Starbucks tab for a couple of months, but not much more.

Comment

Ruffled Serenity

Since Joel has often complained about the lack of appreciation of his book, I thought a good way to piss him off and get some humor would be to pretend that I think he made a lot of money from the book
                        Oh sure, rub it in when I'm already deeply depressed about the sales of my book.

Comment

Ruffled Serenity

This was one of your best.
                          THANKS!
                          Be sure to include it in your next book.
                          Absolutely, however I'm afraid that you'll have to convince one or two thousand of you're closest friends to buy the book before I'll be able to convince MC Press, or any other publisher for that matter, to come out with a sequel.
                          That it almost disappears in the absence of light means that they got hold of some of that top secret technology being stored at Hanger 18 in New Mexico that makes aliens visible in the darkest reaches of the Looziana swamps and Nebraska corn fields. That's what makes it so expensive.
                          Yes, of course that's it, but let's keep it to ourselves. Others might think we're crazy if we divulge the secret.

Comment

Ruffled Serenity

This reminds me of the tv commercial selling Chryslers by offering to give the buyer a free Motorola -- excuse me, Moto -- Razr phone. Who in the world is too dumb to know that you can buy a phone without the purchase of an expensive car? (But it's a really nice phone...)

Comment

Ruffled Serenity

I greatly appreciate your purchase of the book, although I exaggerated about you being the only one to have bought it
                              How do you know he bought the book and I didn't? Do you have good relations with NSA and they tell you from their database who bought your book?

Comment

Working...
                              X