Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple Falls Far from the Tree

** This thread discusses the article: Apple Falls Far from the Tree **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: Apple Falls Far from the Tree **

Apple Falls Far from the Tree

"while IBM will send the PowerPC chip capacity once promised to Apple on to Sony to build Xbox games." so will Microsoft be writing the Playstation games? Useful article though. Also as the chip is being used in the new XBox could Windows soon run natively on iSeries? Dr Frank Soltis said in a recent tour of IBM Centres in Europe that the Power chip was still being extensively developed with loads of new autonomic features, whcih should benefit the old AS/400 applications.

Comment

Unless I've been totally lost (which is not entirely impossible), I believe that is a typo. I'm certain he meant "...to Sony to build PlayStation games."

Comment

Great article! Having worked w/the System38 & the AS400 over the last 25 years I found it wonderfully informative to learn the details behind the PowerPC Chip & the growth of ILE. A correction: As much as I respect Steve Jobs & what he's done for computing, he did not start Pixar. Pixar was originated by Lucarfilms, then spun off to be it's own company headquartered in Point Richmond, CA. At some point, Jobs stepped in &, I guess purchased the company. They have since, w/the profits they've received from their successfull Disney partnership, built a campus in Emeryville, CA.

Comment

Working...
        X