• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Grave Issue

** This thread discusses the article: A Grave Issue **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: A Grave Issue **

A Grave Issue

I never thought of a cell phone as something I would ever want. That is, until now. Cheers! Hans

Comment

A Grave Issue

You can't possess Fear, Uncertainty & doubt. They possess you!

Comment

A Grave Issue

FEAR!?!? fear is awaking in the grave and the only person you can get on the phone is your EX - - - can I subscribe to Joe's desire for a crypt mate? - female, alive, and not versed in the "friend speach"? - Preach on Joe!

Comment

A Grave Issue

I certainly appreciate this desire to bury people with their cell phones. There was this lady at lunch yesterday who I would nominate for early accommodation of this desire. Another candidate cut me off in traffic last week. Paul

Comment

A Grave Issue

Since I'm on call 24 x 7, the server at work pages my cell phone when there's a problem. Can you just see my wife, at my funeral service, saying when my cell phone rings "It's just his computer"

Comment

A Grave Issue

There will be a number of people who will claim a number of different things to be my favourite possessions. For example my boss would claim I would like to keep my securid and blackberry so if I was buried alive by mistake, the first thing I should do when I wake up is to check for all the production bug messages that were paged to me, login using securid, and fix them!

Comment

A Grave Issue

Amen, sister! You speak the truth!!!

Comment

A Grave Issue

Some of these issues (not all of them) can be addressed by installing a land line. I can just see the cord snaking into the cof-, er, "heavenly apartment!" Say, an apartment would give you more air too. But then you need to pay that niggling phone bill, so your apartment had better have an address. Plus you need a bank account. And to fill that bank account you need a job. Jeez, this whole dying thing is proving to be just too much work. I opt to reschedule the event instead!

Comment

A Grave Issue

If we just buried some people with their cell phones when the battery went dead . . . . That would be in line with your tirades about cell phone abuse. Besides it could make for a much more peaceful walk in this life.

Comment

A Grave Issue

Joel, I think for some people, it would be a "hell" phone and not a "cell" phone. A prisoner uses a "cell" phone. A telemarketer use a "sell" phone. A turtle uses a "shell" phone. Tom.

Comment

A Grave Issue

That was a real good one Just add "A skunk uses a SMELL phone" and "Cell phone company employees themselves use BELL phone". I guess Joe being in marketing uses "Sell" phone, I being in a Bell South company use a "Bell" phone, my manager who often spend his nights in the "can" uses a "Cell" phone, he would hope his ex (she is the one who sends him to the can) would use a "Hell" phone. My director think HR is run by turtles so they might be using "Shell" phones. Ofcourse there are some people around me that I suspect of using a "Smell" phone. yuck.

Comment

A Grave Issue

Thanks for the support, although I hesitate to call what I do "preaching". Just FYI, I've noticed a couple of people have made the same mistake, but my name is "Joel", not "Joe". I don't particularly mind, but there is already an illustrious author named "Joe" who writes a column for MC Press. I would be honored to be mistaken for Joe Pluta, but I suspect that he would prefer to not be mistaken for me. Heck, I frequently would rather not be me.

Comment

A Grave Issue

This is a fun thread. Just to keep it going: If a particular PC company that's headquartered in Texas made phones they'd be Dell phones. If a deranged bailiff decreed that you should be punished by being forced to shoot an apple off your son's head, you would probably want a lawyer to immediately file an appeal, so you'd call one on your William Tell phone. As a safety measure, so children can call for help should they fall down a hole that was originally dug to get water but which is now dry, at the bottom of those holes they should install well phones. If they ever come up with a mobile communication device that would never ring in public places where quiet is desired (theaters, romantic restaurants, etc.) and would refuse to work for anyone who insists on talking too loudly in said public places (or a phone that you could use only to order copies of a book called "BYTE-ing Satire"--sorry for the plug), that would be a really swell phone.

Comment

A Grave Issue

When Anne Bancroft wanted to call her husband, she'd use a ___ phone If Dr. Scholl made them, they'd be called a ______ phone For the hard of hearing it could be a ______ phone When Dudley DoRight wants to keep in touch with his sweet heart, he picks up the _____ phone

Comment

Working...
                              X