Warning: Undefined array key 106231 in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 3534

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 3536

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 704

Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 3548

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 635

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 635

Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72

Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77

Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72

Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77

Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 173

Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 190

Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 191

Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 197

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 6509

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 212

Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 251

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 4998

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 1585

Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 1601
E-Cordiality - MC Press Online Forums

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E-Cordiality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Cordiality

** This thread discusses the article: E-Cordiality **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: E-Cordiality **

E-Cordiality

Wot's a bris (briss?)? You sent me to the dictionary for that one, but I still came up empty!

Comment

E-Cordiality

Brian asked:
      Wot's a bris (briss?)?
      I was afraid someone might ask me that It is something that baby boys of my cultural heritage are supposed to have done at eight days' of age. It involves the ceremonial cutting off of a small piece of skin on an unmentionable (at least unmentionable here) part of the body. The ceremony is typically viewed by family and friends, after which they usually engage in a small nosh (eating bagels, lox, egg salad, herring, etc.) It's amazing, but people of my heritage can eat after just about anything.

Comment

E-Cordiality

Joel (or his editor) wrote: If you care about someone, step away from your computer, pick up your phone or pen or put on your walking shoes, and tell them so—and leave the electrons behind. And yet we are also prompted to leave our comments electronically. Hmmm. Hans

Comment

E-Cordiality

Please tell me exactly when I promised to not be hypocritical. For example, I'm typing this with my thumbs on a Treo smart phone while on a train to Ottawa. Do as I say, not as I do.

Comment

E-Cordiality

Man, here I was going to actually mail you a card wishing you Happy E-card day, or whatever day it is that the card companies dreamed up, but I can't find your address anywhere! Oh well, I guess that would require more work on my part. Once again however, good article! Thanks

Comment

E-Cordiality

Travelling to our nations capital, eh? Perhaps you should pay a visit to MP David Emerson and chat with him on the issues of hypocrisy and integrity? (Sorry, couldn't resist!) But to get back on topic, the re-emergence of the "e-card" is in some ways surprising. After all, these days, there are better ways of harvesting e-mail ids. On the other hand, I don't think I'll ever be surprised at some of the unique ways people try to make money off the internet. A great example of a new business model made possible by the internet is classmates.com, where you have to pay to get any useful information about your former classmates or brag about how marvellously successful you are now even though you were tormented endlessly in high school. For those who might want to send an "e-card", there's a better way. Just send an e-mail directly to the person instead of paying to go through some intermediary who either wants your money or your e-mail id (or both). If you want a fancy picture on your "e-card", take a picture with your camera (and who doesn't have a digital camera these days?), and attach it to your e-mail. Okay, so maybe it 's a lot of work for some people to choose the right words they want to say in their message. Maybe they need to be able to choose words or pictures written by someone else. And maybe these people need to be separated from their money so they don't get into trouble elsewhere, in which case, web sites like the new e-card sites are doing a noble public service. Cheers! Hans

Comment

E-Cordiality

Or checking classmates. (sorry, couldn't resist rd

Comment

E-Cordiality

Rod said:
                  Once again however, good article! Thanks
                  You're welcome! And thanks for the compliment. Don't worry about the e-card. It's the thought that counts.

Comment

E-Cordiality

OK, which one of you is reading my tirades and then doing the opposite? I just saw a Washington Post article that said that e-card traffic was so heavy yesterday (Valentine's Day) that it crashed some of the e-card company's sites. According to the article Hallmark's site was down several times during the day (ah, too bad) and American Greetings said they were sending 500,000 Internet Valentines an hour at one point and it was expecting 5 million for the day. Oh joy, oh bliss! Nothing says love like a bunch of electrons.

Comment

Working...
                    X