• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query 400 in 2007?

** This thread discusses the article: Query 400 in 2007? **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: Query 400 in 2007?0

Query 400 in 2007?

I was told a few years ago by Alison Butterill that Query/400 was stable (meaning dead). It was replaced with Query manager and all updates will go into that so don't expect much to be done to Query/400 but it would be nice to see web output added to QM.

Comment

Query 400 in 2007?

I take it you mean a product like iSeries Access for the Web and their running of SQL scripts.

Comment

Query 400 in 2007?

I still find Query/400 quite useful. There are times I need to get a little fancier, and so I use MS Access to create my queries over AS400 linked tables. The only improvements I'd like to see would be to add to some additional functions that could be used in the Define Result Fields so that I could rely less on MS Access.

Comment

Query 400 in 2007?

I take it you mean a product like iSeries Access for the Web and their running of SQL scripts.

Comment

Query 400 in 2007?

What I envision is something like a CL command as follows: webquery file(qgpl/custmast) fields(custno name addr city) + orderby(custno) output(*XML : *HTML : *BROWSER) Where OUTPUT allows you to specify the type of output XML, HTML or directly to the browser as HTML.

Comment

Query 400 in 2007?

That would be terrific. It's a shame that there's no native interface to do this. For the past several years, I have used Crystal Reports to accomplish the same goals. It's easy, intuitive, flexible, and it works. The problem comes when I enter a shop where this is not possible. To reach the goal, I put QUERY/400 output through a program that wraps basic HTML commands at the top and bottom of the text. It's rudimentary to say the least, and the printed web page never quite comes out the way you think it will (e.g. div has parameters to print in landscape, but it doesn't work). It's a starting point that does the job. Dave

Comment

Query 400 in 2007?

Comment

Query 400 in 2007?

I wholeheartedly support Bob's suggestion. webquery file(qgpl/custmast) fields(custno name addr city) + orderby(custno) output(*XML : *HTML : *BROWSER) This would be really great and easy to use. And it won't cost anything for IBM to develop it. We should all pester IBM for doing it fast.

Comment

Query 400 in 2007?

Bob, IBM has created a query interface in iSeries Access for Web. Sure there is a ton of overhead to get a query out the door, but you can run them, share them, even export them. Check in with Carol Minor for more details or go to the following location for a copy of the handout. ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/as400/pro...006/iwa_db.pdf or the main page at http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserve...s/web/doc.html Regards, Mike

Comment

Query 400 in 2007?

Code

Comment

Query 400 in 2007?

Its funny how robbertendt keeps saying "I take it you mean a product like iSeries Access for the Web and their running of SQL scripts." But nobody listens to him. I use ISeries Navigator all the time to run my sql. It's way better then Query400 and Query Manager for the following reasons: You can leave your queries up all day long(no timeout). You can actually see many columns on one page(no 80 column limitation). You can save your queries to your PC so you can have real meaningful names. Numerous other reasons. It didn't know about the iSeries Access for the web though. I will be checking that one out.

Comment

Working...
                        X