IBM Donates Rational Unified Process to Open-Source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IBM Donates Rational Unified Process to Open-Source

** This thread discusses the article: IBM Donates Rational Unified Process to Open-Source **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: IBM Donates Rational Unified Process to Open-Source **

IBM Donates Rational Unified Process to Open-Source

** This thread discusses the article: IBM Donates Rational Unified Process to Open-Source **
    Thomas, I feel your pain! The addition of RUP to the Open Source community ought to help address code quality issues. All this is to the good. However, I'd like to challenge your statement that "Open-source enables literally hundreds of thousands of programmers to contribute to projects...". While this is theoretically possible, in reality this is rarely the outcome. There is some information that I've come across that is very informative. To directly address your notion, a study of real open-source projects reveals that just 6% of them have more than 20 developers. Fully 49% of such projects are run by a single person. Here's a link if you want one of my sources: http://asay.blogspot.com/2005/09/ana...en-source.html

Comment

Working...
    X