• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep the Scumware Flowing

** This thread discusses the article: Keep the Scumware Flowing **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: Keep the Scumware Flowing **

Keep the Scumware Flowing

This is like saying: "If it weren't for crooks, the police would be out of work!" When your assumptions are wrong, your conclusions can never be right. Saying that "thousands" or "millions" of people might be out of work is just such a beginning assumption for his argument. The conclusion is inevitable--wrong--but inevitable.

Comment

Forget the Russian mafia, etc., Who do you think really writes this stuff? For the very reasons you describe - to protect their jobs - I'm convinced that the bulk of this scumware is written by the very programmers from other nameless companies I'll call SYM (from Curpertino), TM (from Tokyo) and MCF (from Santa Clara), etc., who sell us the stuff to protect us from it. How else do you think they have a critical update out minutes after the latest super virus makes the scene? Could it be that they had the antidote on the shelf & let just enough mayhem be caused by the latest pest, so as to make a splash in the news - get everybody thinking of how vulnerable they are - then come riding over the hill like the cavalry to the rescue? Chart the Antivirus software sales vs. outbreaks & you'll see how the former spikes after the latter. When they have sales numbers to meet - here comes Melissa, I Love You, etc. to attack our systems and fill their coffers.

Comment

With all due respect, you can't possibly think that I was serious about supporting scumware in order to maintain jobs, can you? If I thought for a moment that anyone would have taken me seriously I would never have written it.

Comment

Now we're getting into the spirit. You are kidding, right? Come to think of it, maybe the first poster was kidding too.

Comment

Many people are a bit embarrassed by their middle names, but now we know yours! Joel "Suffering" Klebanoff. Wait a minute, I just thought of something. Maybe it's not your middle name. Maybe it's a nickname, like you were on a sports team or something. Everyone in sports seems to get a nickname, like "Lefty", or "Refrigerator" or "Space Man". You don't seem like the sports type, but then that's your business. Besides, it's not just sport where this happens. Great bit Joel!

Comment

Brian, You're right. Suffering is not really my middle name. It's just a shortened version of my real middle name, LongSuffering. How my parents were so prescient is beyond me. Joel

Comment

Now I hope nobody takes it seriously the way they have taken yours. My conspiracy theory is that Microsoft is under government instruction to keep security holes in their operating system and inform them only. This way they spy on us all the time. When hackers find a way in, the government passes on the antidote to their favourite anti-viral companies and instructs Microsoft to open new security holes. Why else do you think government allows Microsoft's monopoly?

Comment

No, it's NOT Microsoft. They are just a diversionary tactic to keep us from understanding the REAL technology conspiracy. And that is Apple. Yes, I said Apple. The government has been helping prop up Microsoft and keeping Apple down so we wouldn't notice Apple's success with the iPod products. You see, the iPods are two-way devices with GPS. "They" know the whereabouts of everyone using one. Also, they "listen" to your thoughts through the earbuds. The music is acting like a conduit through which your thoughts, ideas, and memories are transmitted. It works like how a phone line can transmit data with a modem by using unused frequencies. And, now that the iPod has video, they can see you, too. The music downloaded with iTunes is recorded in digital format which allows the record companies to hide the computer code in the music. You can't hear it but it's there. The music companies are in bed with the government in this. President Bush's Big Business Buddies in the music industry are are getting paid off to do this. Why do you think it's taking so long to rebuild the South after the hurricanes? All of the money given by good, hard-working people for the rebuilding effort has been stolen by the Department of Homeland Security to pay off Big Record. I thought you should know the truth. Thanks. Tom.

Comment

Thanks for the info bro but I think it started with Walkman. I always suspected that when I put the earphones on and they slipped to my temple, it was actually recording my brainwaves and transmitting it back to the NSA supercomputers. For this reason I never bought an iPod. I also dont maintain a bank account. I pay cash and I encash my paycheck at moneymart for a small fee. Although I work for a cell phone company, I buy pay as you go (on cash ofcourse) and dispose off every now and then. On internet, I never use my real name. psst. My real name is Ricky Ricardo!

Comment

Ricky, I like the way you play the conga drums. And, I love the way you and Fred always trick Lucy and Ethel. Although, they often return the favor with hilarious results. When I was young, post "I Love Lucy", in the days of the horrible "The Lucy Show", a family friend told me that "Ma Bell" had put a device in her phone. She was certain they were reading her thoughts. She really thought it was happening. She claimed that if she put a piece of waxed paper between the earpiece and her ear, it prevented the thought transfer. It just prevented her from hearing. The transfer still occurred. Alexander Graham Bell was actually working for President Bush's Great Grandfather who was obviously connected to Big Railroad and Big Horseshoe. So, you see, it comes full circle. I don't know how conspiracy theorists keep this stuff straight in their head. Gotta go, I have a headache caused by the rays from my scanner light. "They" are doing this so I'll stop telling the "truth". Tom.

Comment

"I don't know how conspiracy theorists keep this stuff straight in their head." It is really the government. National Security Agency has a special cell called "Obscurity Cell". Their mission is "Security thru Obscurity". They spread nonsensical conspiracy theories to the extend that people are disgusted with conspiracy theories. So when someone leaks a government secret, the government very easily dismisses them as "Conspiracy Theorist". I call it "Nested Conspiracy" or "Conspiracy to hide conspiracy".

Comment

Is that anything like nested DO loops? Or, more like this: The new opcode is "obfuscate the masses". There are other ObfuscateType codes such as 'NonExistingWMD', 'LateToTheHurricaneParty', 'AlGoreReallyWon', and, my all favorite: 'ImFromTheGovernmentAndAmHereToHelp' Tom.
                          Code

Comment

I think that the NSA must be working hard on this forum! chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer. "Hassan Farooqi" wrote in message news:6b2cad4b.10@WebX.WawyahGHajS... > "I don't know how conspiracy theorists keep this stuff straight in their > head." > > It is really the government. National Security Agency has a special cell > called "Obscurity Cell". Their mission is "Security thru Obscurity". They > spread nonsensical conspiracy theories to the extend that people are > disgusted with conspiracy theories. So when someone leaks a government > secret, the government very easily dismisses them as "Conspiracy > Theorist". > > I call it "Nested Conspiracy" or "Conspiracy to hide conspiracy".

Comment

It is more like "Dont trust a word I say, I never tell the truth". In Lotus 123 it resulted in 'CIRC' symbol being showed on the bottom denoting a "Circular Reference" as pointed out by Bertrand Russel. My personal favourite was "Canadians are invading the USA, the passcode of their secret agents to identify each other is 'AYE'...".
                              Code

Comment

Working...
                              X