• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hacking the Bug Machine

** This thread discusses the article: Hacking the Bug Machine **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: Hacking the Bug Machine **

Hacking the Bug Machine

I know you mean well, but I don't come to this site to read Microsoft bashing. Last week you wrote about the changing role of IT and the many uses for the iSeries. Instead, we get another whine about Microsoft. From inference, I would assume that much of what the iSeries has to offer is the tearing the down of others. If this is all it really has to offer, no wonder users are dumping it. You and Joe Pluta should just creat a new on line publication dedicated to people who think that bashing Microsoft will somehow enhance the use and sales of the AS/400. When Joe publishes the results of his 'expert appraisal' of .net, I can now see the superficial analysis based on inexperience with the tool. Of course, .net will come out as weak. (Of course, I might be wrong and he could actually respect the tool used professionally and capably by millions of other developers.)

Comment

Hacking the Bug Machine

This is another example (in a long list of examples) of how users can unknowingly introduce viruses and malicious code through the firewall and into the company network. Keep your virus definitions up to date, make sure all PC's running Internet Explorer have up-to-date virus protection, and scan all servers in your network on a regular basis to ensure there is no malicious code hiding in data and program files. Viruses and malicious code present a serious threat to stealing company confidential data, and the IT downtime associated with virus cleanup can be substantial.

Comment

Hacking the Bug Machine

As it has been consistently over the past few years, my opinion is that Microsoft desktop products are excellent, while their server systems are subpar. How exactly is that Microsoft bashing? But don't bother to answer unless you use your real name. I'm not going to waste much time on an anonymous Pluta-basher. Joe

Comment

Working...
        X