• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Alchemy

** This thread discusses the article: The New Alchemy **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: The New Alchemy **

The New Alchemy

There is also a game that can only be played online called World of Warcraft (WoW) where you have to purchase the game for $49.99 and then either pay monthly to play or purchase game time in 6-month blocks. I know a few people who will open up an account, level up there character(s), and then sell the account either on e-bay or another website for a few hundred dollars. Also, some people will sell virtual gold for real money as well. It sounds like nonsense but then, why spend hours maxing out a characters level when you can just buy one already made for you? I myself do play the game and would never consider paying money for virtual items but, it is a very addicting game and I do see how it would appeal to some people.

Comment

The New Alchemy

When my daughter demanded a cat and I refused on the account that she first needs to learn how to care, my son directed her to neopets. Despite rules, people actually sell neopoints for real money. I was a little worried about the obsession of my younger son but one day someone hacked neopets and stole all his belongings. The thief probably stole the stuff. That was traumatic for him but atleast he stopped playing neopets.

Comment

The New Alchemy

In the same category of "People will buy *anything*": My hero is Rocky ??? (can't remember his last name), who pitches the International Star Registry (www.starregistry.com). Starting at only $54US, you can name a star after someone you love. All for a frickin' piece of paper! It supposedly gets "registered in book form at the U.S. Copyright office" or somesuch. I'm SOOOOOOO not impressed. My wife would kill me if I ever did something so stupid as that. Fortunately, she married smart. ;-)

Comment

Working...
        X