• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tirade Odds and Ends

** This thread discusses the article: Tirade Odds and Ends **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: Tirade Odds and Ends **

Tirade Odds and Ends

Joel, In your article you said: "Only about 4% of our DNA is different from the DNA of chimps" and "The only difference between us and them is that, not being terribly verbally advanced, they'll probably pronounce it 'nucular'." Now I've noticed, that all the Kennedys, or at least all the ones in politics, use that exact pronunciation. Which makes me think that you're implying that even an Ape with the last name of Kennedy can be elected Senator in the state of Massachusetts. ;-) Oh look..... It's almost 9:30am. Banana Daiquiris anyone ?? Mike

Comment

Tirade Odds and Ends

It is true that the DNA difference between monkeys and humans is 4%. However Chimps are not monkeys. Technically their specie falls in the genus "Homo" and their DNA differs from humans by only 0.60% The DNA between homosaphiens is less than 0.01% but here in south the people think it differently Of course I cant say on this forum what they think ... but you can guess.

Comment

Tirade Odds and Ends

Mike said,
        Now I've noticed, that all the Kennedys, or at least all the ones in politics, use that exact pronunciation. Which makes me think that you're implying that even an Ape with the last name of Kennedy can be elected Senator in the state of Massachusetts. ;-)
        I will not admit, in public or in private, to having ANYBODY in mind--most people doubt that I ever have ANYTHING in mind--when I wrote that. I was just hoping that a few people would find it funny. And, count me in on the Banana Daiquiris!

Comment

Tirade Odds and Ends

I humbly stand corrected. Thanks.

Comment

Tirade Odds and Ends

Well, artificial testicles for pets. Well, well, well. It's kind of out there, but people do love their dogs and cats. So I guess I can see it. And if you're going to go down this road, the sizes make sense. I mean, dogs in particular do come in vastly different sizes. So their parts need to be different sizes too, right? But the part that slays me is the choice of firmness. Firmness! You can hear the comedy routine forming, even though you want to resist. Firmness!! Who's going to check?! Does Mrs. Bowser have a preference? Firmness! Are they concerned about, ah, say, collisions? Firmness!! A pet in need is a friend indeed. Oh no. No no no no no no...

Comment

Tirade Odds and Ends

You completely ignored Bonobos. Dave

Comment

Working...
              X