• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hold the Toothpaste

** This thread discusses the article: Hold the Toothpaste **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: Hold the Toothpaste **

Hold the Toothpaste

...when the fossil fuels run out. Up until then, the prices will just continue to sky-rocket so only the uber-rich will be able to fly. Then there'll be no fuel for tanks or helicopters or bombers, so (eventually) nobody is going to get "annoyed" at seeing their family shredded to peices in front of them by an anti-tank mine and feel the need to "avenge" themselves. Or, you could just blow the hell out any remaining opposition to you using every last drop of crude! Am I being too cynical? Oh crap, I may have read one too many of these articles

Comment

Hold the Toothpaste

I doubt the mania over restricting "things" is going to significantly improve security. Almost any "thing" can be a weapon, when used appropriately. If I throw a book at you, is that a weapon? Nonsense. When is the airline transportation system going to become customer friendly? We aren't passengers, we are customers. We are paying for this system, and we are the only reason it exists. I travel extensively and I know what I'm talking about. This system is as bad as a Doctor's office. They think nothing of wasting hours of our time. Every time there's a problem, what's the response? Show up earlier, and waste yet more hours. We should start charging the airports and the airlines for the time they waste. That might actually get their attention! Nor do I really believe that we are significantly safer. A little safer, yes, but not enough for the time and money expended.

Comment

Hold the Toothpaste

Joel: Thanks loads for that real downer. Now I'm going to be depressed all day. BTW, read this article at el Reg (or this or this), and tell me something fishy isn't going on. Hans

Comment

Working...
        X