• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curse the Boors

** This thread discusses the article: Curse the Boors **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: Curse the Boors **

Curse the Boors

The law in Rockland County, NY is pretty clear: If you are driving you cannot be talking on the phone. If the police ever decided to enforce this law (Yes, the law is currently ignored), it would generate enough revenue to balance the budget of several small countries. Dave

Comment

Curse the Boors

If the police ever decided to enforce this law (Yes, the law is currently ignored), it would generate enough revenue to balance the budget of several small countries.
      David, I think you're on to something. There are a number of small countries that could greatly benefit from having their budgets balanced. So to everyone in Rockland County, NY: Keep on talking. We've got some budget balancing to do.

Comment

Curse the Boors

Joel, Krazy Glue wouldn't be a good idea for keeping peole sealed in their homes. For starters, it's too thin to seal thick gaps. A good, quick setting urethane or epoxy glue would be much better for that and also hold up to the elements better. Matt

Comment

Curse the Boors

Matt, Thanks for the tip about eurethane or epoxy. I'm really not very handy so I'm always looking for any suggestions on any better mousetraps that might exist. ... A better mousetrap -- hey, now there's an idea. Maybe we could get a giant mousetrap to use on these people. Joel

Comment

Curse the Boors

Joel, That reminds me of the game Mousetrap. I played it as a kid and played it with my kids. Since the boors can't leave a ringing cell phone unanswered, we set up a giant cage on a large pole. We put ringing cell phones under it. When the boors go to answer, the cage falls and they are trapped. The hard part would be to get them to run the course with swinging boot, the silver ball, etc. But, the trill of the ringing cell phone produces a Pavlov response and they will do anything to answer it. Then, as we capture the boors, we send them off to Emily Post boot camp http://www.emilypost.com/ to learn manners and how to live like repectable society members. Good article Joel, again... Tom.

Comment

Curse the Boors

What's the difference of a person talking to someone on a cell phone while in a group, say in a resturant, and ignoring the others. Or when there's several conversations going on at the same time in a group of 4 or 6 people at a resturant or at the dinner table? Personally, I hate it when there's several conversations going on at the same time in a small group, cell phone or not!

Comment

Curse the Boors

One of the most interesting things about cell phone users is body language. Watch someone gesticulating in a grocery aisle while on a cell. They don't seem to understand that the person at the other end of the line cannot view their movements. You may be just trying to get at the canned goods without being decapitated by a wild forearm. On an elevator it gets worse. Cell phone users often forget their surroundings while talking. It has become surreal. Dave

Comment

Curse the Boors

David Abramowitz wrote: > One of the most interesting things about cell phone users is body language. > > Watch someone gesticulating in a grocery aisle while on a cell. They don't seem to understand that the person at the other end of the line cannot view their movements. You may be just trying to get at the canned goods without being decapitated by a wild forearm. > > On an elevator it gets worse. Cell phone users often forget their surroundings while talking. It has become surreal. > > Dave As an aside to that, think of drivers using their cell phone. At first thought, one would think simply talking on the phone would not have much affect on driving. Until you think about the scenario you just described where all their thought processes are seemingly involved in the phone conversation . . . -- Jeff Crosby Dilgard Frozen Foods, Inc. P.O. Box 13369 Ft. Wayne, IN 46868-3369 260-422-7531 The opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily the opinion of my company. Unless I say so.

Comment

Working...
                  X