• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Illusion of Control

** This thread discusses the article: The Illusion of Control **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: The Illusion of Control **

The Illusion of Control

... unless I was hallucinating. In which case, I'm probably not writing this column and you're probably not reading it.
    This is your hallucination talking. Nobody's reading this. Except me, your hallucination. Never mind the dbale tag, this *is* a hallucination. For some strange reason, when I clicked in my email to see the entire article, the first thing I see is: "Your signal (S): Furiously shake the Wand ..." Whoa. Joel's having issues. Then... "in front of your face." Double whoa. Joel's having serious fantasy illusions. Really now. If your imaginary friend/editor Veronica hasn't had a chat with you about this, maybe you should conjure up another imaginary friend/psychologist. Regards, Your Hallucination "Don't worry, be happy!"

Comment

The Illusion of Control

Dear Hallucination, I probably shouldn't respond, since you're not there. Yes I need help, particularly if my imaginary editor's name is Veronica, because all of this time I've been imagining that her name is Victoria. As to why the first thing you saw was, "Your signal (S): Furiously shake the Wand ...," sorry, I can't help you there. Are you sure that you weren't imagining it? When you click on the link at the end of the teaser paragraphs it's supposed to take you to where those paragraphs left off. It works for me. It starts with "you're probably not reading it. But I digress. I wanted to get that out of the way". You said:
      "Don't worry, be happy!"
      What me worry? You must be hallucinating if you think that just saying "Don't worry, be happy!" is going to stop me worrying. Yours in anxiety, Joel

Comment

Working...
      X