Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They Feel Your Pain. No, Really.

** This thread discusses the article: They Feel Your Pain. No, Really. **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: They Feel Your Pain. No, Really. **

They Feel Your Pain. No, Really.

Just had to comment that for me to call a customer service 800# to get someone on the other side of the planet who barely understands me is a large part of this issue. If the organization would employ people that could understand what I am saying the level of frustration would not be so high. The problem might actually get corrected the first time.

Comment

I could be wrong, but I think that the real reason why call centers are being outsourced overseas had nothing to do with reducing costs. I think it's to reduce the chance that you will be able to find and threaten harm to the customer disservice staff. But that's just my guess.

Comment

Slightly off-topic, but tejas' comment reminded me of this: In Toronto, if you call 911, you can get service in any of 150 different languages. When an operator answers, just say the language you want, and almost immediately you'll be connected with an operator who speaks that language. Why is this important? In a crisis, a frazzled caller is more likely to be coherent in their first language. Cheers! Hans

Comment

So if I use "New York cab driver in heavy traffic", I'll be connected with someone that says "Says who? and so's your mama!!!"? rd

Comment

to improve customer service... only if you consider being dropped off into hold to (allegedly) talk to a supervisor an improvement. And given the "emotion" being rendered at the time to cause Hal to dump you off into space, I don't think you'll be considering your heartfelt feedback echoing off into silence an "improvement". This is called automatically hanging up on our revered customers, so you can't blame us, blame HAL. rd

Comment

So if I use "New York cab driver in heavy traffic", I'll be connected with someone that says "Says who? and so's your mama!!!"?
              Ralph, You have to keep in mind that Hans is talking about Toronto. We have to adapt a little here. If you use "New York cab driver in heavy traffic", you'll be connected with someone who says "I really don't mean any offense, so please forgive me, but, says who? and so's your Molson, eh???". It's a subtle difference, but it helps to ease foreigners into the local language and customs.

Comment

In his 2000 presidential election campaign, Pat Buchanan ran an advertisement to show the problems to come due to heavy immigration influx. In his advertisement, he showed someone calling 911 and the operator gives a long list of languages to choose from. I dont remember the whole advertisement but I think the patient died listening to the choices. If Pat knew about the sofware Toronto 911 uses, he might have changed the advertisement to something else. Today I collapsed due to acute kidney pain. I was taken to the emergency ward in a local hospital and they footed me a bill of $2000 which my disturbed wife paid without giving it a second though. I saw the bill to see why it costed me two grand to give me water and sedatives thru I.V.? I found 1,500 of it was actually two cat scans???. I am sure if I had shown a health insurance card, they would not have felt the need for it at all (even if my wife had insisted on it).

Comment

I'm confused. . . . Did you actually receive the scans, or were you billed for services that you did not receive? Anyway. Get better soon. Former NYC Yellow Cab Driver Dave

Comment

I found 1,500 of it was actually two cat scans??? I am sure if I had shown a health insurance card, they would not have felt the need for it at all No, they would have given you three CAT scans. rd

Comment

Ofcourse I was scanned while I was sedated and had no idea what I was experimented upon. I am angry at their attitude but will not expect a forgery from them. Thanks for your wishes and wish you well in your new job. Former Toronto truck driver Hassan

Comment

Hassan wrote: "In his 2000 presidential election campaign, Pat Buchanan ran an advertisement to show the problems to come due to heavy immigration influx. In his advertisement, he showed someone calling 911 and the operator gives a long list of languages to choose from. I dont remember the whole advertisement but I think the patient died listening to the choices." You're kidding, right? Tell me that really didn't happen. Please. Now I don't know for sure if this is true, but I've been told several times that there are major differences between 911 service north and south of the border. For example, in the States, if you call 911, you're not guaranteed of a response. If the 911 operator decides it's a crank call, the operator can choose to ignore the call. As a result, some legitimate callers have died. In contrast, the law in Canada requires a response to every 911 call. Even if you call back and say it was a mistake, you will receive a visit. Even if you don't say anything to the 911 operator, you will soon see police, ambulance, and fire service at your door. Have a nice day! Cheers! Hans

Comment

I do not think 911 response South of Border is any different but I do not know for sure. As I travel in areas where my wireless phone does not work, my 911 would still work, probably using other service providers as an emergency. I am NOT kidding about the advertisement. Its been six years but I still remember a man choking on hearing the news of English no longer being a national language of the USA. He calls 911 and he hears the options. The first was Spanish, the second Korean, and the rest I do not remember. The sales pitch was something like, "Don't you miss English?". The advertisement was targetted against the influx of Hispanic and Asian immigrants and how it is changing the American society.

Comment

Hans.Boldt wrote: > Hassan wrote: "In his 2000 presidential election campaign, Pat Buchanan ran an advertisement to show the problems to come due to heavy immigration influx. In his advertisement, he showed someone calling 911 and the operator gives a long list of languages to choose from. I dont remember the whole advertisement but I think the patient died listening to the choices." > > You're kidding, right? Tell me that really didn't happen. Please. > > Now I don't know for sure if this is true, but I've been told several times that there are major differences between 911 service north and south of the border. For example, in the States, if you call 911, you're not guaranteed of a response. If the 911 operator decides it's a crank call, the operator can choose to ignore the call. As a result, some legitimate callers have died. In contrast, the law in Canada requires a response to every 911 call. Even if you call back and say it was a mistake, you will receive a visit. Even if you don't say anything to the 911 operator, you will soon see police, ambulance, and fire service at your door. > > Have a nice day! > > Cheers! Hans When my middle son Travis, now 18 and a college freshman, was about 8 years old, he decided to see if 911 worked. As I was walking through the kitchen, the phone rang. It was the sheriff's dept asking if we placed a 911 call. Travis was the only one of my three sons home at the time. He denied making a 911 call until I informed him the sheriff's dept was on the phone. Then he 'fessed up. -Jeff

Comment

Hmm. In Canada if someone calls 911, police, fire, and ambulance all come together without confirmation. I saw that when I briefly lived in North York, Toronto. Maybe it was because it was close to Jane-Finch which was declared most violent area in Canada after Montreal's biker town. Maybe your Sherrif never received any serious 911 calls so he wanted to confirm

Comment

Working...
                              X