** This thread discusses the article: Ubiquitous TV **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: Ubiquitous TV **

Ubiquitous TV

Spot on again

Comment

Ubiquitous TV

Imagine the convenience... You can now roar down the interstate highway at 75 mph in your 3 ton SUV chatting on the cell phone with one hand and while watching your favorite show on your wireless broadband device - presumably in the other hand!

Comment

Ubiquitous TV

You can now roar down the interstate highway in your 3 ton SUV chatting on the cell phone with one hand and while watching your favorite show on your wireless broadband device - presumably in the other hand!
        Yeah, I know. It's going to make life a lot more exciting isn't it? Not to mention keeping all of the funeral homes busy ... hey, that may be good for the economy. I never thought about that.

Comment

Ubiquitous TV

Joel wrote: "You can now watch your home television anywhere there's a broadband Internet connection. But it will still be a waste of your valuable time." What exactly is your point? My free time is indeed very valuable to me. But what I choose to do in my free time is my decision, and mine alone. If I choose to spend it flaked out in front of a TV set watching Bugs Bunny (or Corner Gas or Doctor Who or Futurama or whatever), that's entirely up to me. After working an 8 hour day, battling suburban rush hour traffic, making dinner, and getting my daughter ready for bed, a hit of that opiate is not at all an inappropriate way to unwind at the end of the day. Regarding the specific technology, what's the difference between getting your TV fix off of a broadband internet pipe versus receiving a broadcast signal? (That is, besides the choice of programming and cost of the service.) Cheers! Hans

Comment

Working...
          X