White Paper: "Offshoring Your Job Is Good For You"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Paper: "Offshoring Your Job Is Good For You"

** This thread discusses the article: White Paper: "Offshoring Your Job Is Good For You" **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: White Paper: "Offshoring Your Job Is Good For You" **0

** This thread discusses the article: White Paper: "Offshoring Your Job Is Good For You" **
    Politicians have been selling out the work force of this country for decades. We looked the other way when unions were busted. We looked the other way when companies were raided and pensions and benefits were looted. Now the only thing left is the actual jobs and they're going fast. NAFTA, CAFTA and other bogus foreign policy giveaways continue the tradition. It's only going to get worse with entire federal and state governments being run by corporate interests. Their lobbyists are writing the legislation. Now the interenet will not even be easily accessible. Our congress at work. Back in 1999 I watched my former company outsource web development to Russia. Then it had to pay another company to do the development because the original was unsalvageable and all of the employees with the skills had moved on (due to the outsourcing). They thought they were getting by cheap, after having to pay big $$ to handle Y2K, but probably ended up paying at least double of what they budgeted. When will US businesses learn? They haven't in my 40+ years. As long as the political process in this country is being sold to the highest bidder, it will only get worse. What did everyone think "privatization" of government services was all about? The good of the people?

Comment

In 2001 I watched as the IT director of my Fortune 200 client pronounced "We're not in the software development business" and proceeded to outsource a VB/SQL Server-based order entry system to an Indian consulting firm, based, as far as I can tell, simply on the fact that their hourly rates were around $20.00 per hour. What was once being done by a five-man American team is now being done by a THIRTY-man Indian team...where's the costing savings NOW?

Comment

Working...
      X