SEC Nails IBM for $10 Million in Alleged Foreign Bribery Scandal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEC Nails IBM for $10 Million in Alleged Foreign Bribery Scandal

** This thread discusses the article: SEC Nails IBM for $10 Million in Alleged Foreign Bribery Scandal **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: SEC Nails IBM for $10 Million in Alleged Foreign Bribery Scandal **

This is an important article that should really receive more attention.

Dave

** This thread discusses the article: SEC Nails IBM for $10 Million in Alleged Foreign Bribery Scandal **
    Yeah...Why doesn't this revelation surprise me? IBM is just playing by the rules they all use with China and Korea and generally how it's done everywhere outside, and within the U.S. It's no different than the Vatican paying off Attila the Hun to stay out of Rome. A little bribe here, a little bribe there. Business execs meeting IBM's expansion goals by playing to the moral corruption of the individual. How do you get more products sold in China...Find the right guy to pay off. And I'm sure that's as easy as asking, "Who do I bribe?" We can't see the corruption because it's so deep in the dirt.

I don't believe anyone actually went to jail for the whole mortgage-backed securities thing. Nobody from AIG, the SEC itself, Meryll Lynch, BOA, you name it...nobody got punished for bringing our economy to its knees, and most companies that failed or should be out of business were bailed out. Anybody out there get paid back for the huge losses taken in your personal investments, all due directly or in part to the mortgage-backed securities boon-doggle...???

At least we got a "Hey, didn't see it coming." from Alan Greenspan. Our greatest financial minds didn't see it coming? Yeah right. Anybody want to invest your dough with me? I'm a financial advisor now...Yeah that's the ticket. How many Bernie Madoffs you think are still in business? (Only one made headlines.) Better look for independent confirmation on your investments. Would you trust anyone now with a roll of dough...and say "Invest this for me now...ok?"

Comment

Working...
    X