Technology's Revenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technology's Revenge

I read this and got quite a few chuckles from it. However, it is pretty close to home and right on target in more areas than one. I use Win2K on a laptop and also go make coffee after I turn the PC on. And we won't even "go there" on the state of today's phone based customer service across almost all technical industries. Thanks for a great read!

Technology's Revenge

Joel, I have a reason for you to stop dusting. Dust mites. Those nasty little creatures that live on your dust. By dusting you are depriving them of their food source. So what will they eat then? :-) Thanks for helping my Friday's off to a lighter (and usually brighter) start! - Dave

Comment

Technology's Revenge

Chris said:
      I use Win2K on a laptop and also go make coffee after I turn the PC on.
      I never realized it before, but computers seem to be contributing to a lot of people's coffee addictions. Chris said:
      Thanks for a great read!
      You're very welcome!

Comment

Technology's Revenge

Dave said:
        Joel, I have a reason for you to stop dusting. Dust mites. Those nasty little creatures that live on your dust. By dusting you are depriving them of their food source. So what will they eat then?
        I didn't say that I dusted. Just that I hadn't found an excuse for my slovenliness. Thanks for giving me one. I certainly don't want to be cruel to innocent, defenseless creatures. Dave said:
        Thanks for helping my Friday's off to a lighter (and usually brighter) start!
        You're very welcome!

Comment

Technology's Revenge

Joel, The one technology that people generally don't complain about is their cars. I have a car that drives (pun intended) me crazy and is out to get me. I know this because I made a comment once about its inability to play a favorite jazz cd. It plays just find in other players but not in the car's player. And, the car's player plays all other cds just fine. It didn't like the comment so now its "check engine" light is on. I had it examined by several mechanics and they can't find a thing wrong with it. They hook it up to their diagnostic computer and get a normal reading. Its obvious that the diagnostic computers and my car's computer modules are in cahoots and that my engine will blow up some day. Another thing is that the "check engine" light has nothing to do with checking the engine. It has everything to do with a potential problem with the catalytic converter and emission system. One good thing about the "check catalytic converter and emission system" light is that I now get better gas mileage. I used to get about 25 mpg and now get almost 30 mpg. Tom.

Comment

Technology's Revenge

Tom said:
            I know this because I made a comment once about its inability to play a favorite jazz cd. It plays just find in other players but not in the car's player.
            You didn't mention what type of jazz it is. For example, if it's New Orleans jazz you might have to take a drive to that city to get your car in the mood first. Cars have a mind of their own and demand respect. They like to be wooed rather than just used.

Comment

Technology's Revenge

Joel, Do you mean that I might have to take my car to dinner and a movie, first? We have a high-tech drive-in theater near us. Maybe I can try it this weekend. I don't know what my wife will think about it, though. Would that be considered cheating? The Jazz CD in question is titled Krupa and Rich with gene Krupa and Buddy Rich from 1955. There's a song titled The Monster that is classic Buddy Rich/Gene Krupa jazz. The CD is not from 1955. I recorded it from vinyl to CD a few years ago. I bought the vinyl album in 1968 for a nickel at a rummage sale. I was learning to play the trumpet and became a jazz fan from watching Johnny Carson and The Tonight Show. I watched the show for Doc and the band. I saw Doc in concert in 1971 and was mesmerized by the talent of his band. I think Tommy Newsome is more talented than Doc but Doc is a real character. Tom.

Comment

Technology's Revenge

This is a discussion about Technology's Revenge.

Click here for the article.

Comment

Technology's Revenge

Joe, I can't believe that you are still using long distance. I thought it was long dead for techies. No, I am not talking about MSN or Yahoo voice chat, I am talking about VOIP phones(voice over IP phones). Something which is available as www.lingo.com and vonage in the USA and iphone in Canada. Roger is also offering VOIP phones. You better check them out. I have a Lingo phone for which I pay just $25/month and it works not only like a local phone but has free long distance and other features. Morever, since I travel a lot, I can carry it anywhere there is a broadband connection and people would not know I am traveling Local phone company would charge me three times the money (and connection charges) for all these features (excluding mobility).

Comment

Working...
                  X